IQ4 panel with ADC-S2000 temp sensors

Has anyone successfully integrated ADC-S2000 temp sensors? I have several and the HW version 2 ones loose their connection to the IQ4 panel after 24 hours, but not the Z-wave connection.

Please try updating to 4.3.0 firmware. Does this resolve the issue?

@jwcsurety

That is only for new temperature sensors ADC-S40-T as stated in firmware notes. Just FYI

@bracurrie
I have run ADC-S2000 on iq2 and iq4 with out any problems for years untill recently updated to ADC-S40-T sensors.

I am aware, however this is in reference to a separate ticket and the firmware update should be applied.

Update applied. S2000 sensor didn’t reconnect with system, but did show in Z-wave network. Un paired from Z-wave network but is now showing in system check results as failed Sensor.

What is the node ID for that S2000-T?

Wine Rack is the node.
After including the S2000 at 9:13 Jun 09
It is now 9:15 Jun 10. And Wine Rack reports to Mobile App as Offline but on the IQ panel is shows as connected but in sleep mode.
All S40 and S2000 show as sleeping in Zwave test. Zwave test will not test these sensors as they show asleep.
Tried to push pairing button on S2000 to see if I could get it out of sleep status and magically it now shows as back online.

I do not believe they are paying their coders enough to actually solve these issues.
All of my sensors S40s and S2000s now show in the system as asleep so I cannot run a Zwave test.
The S2000 after pairing shows offline after 24 hours.
Today pushing the pairing button on the S2000 to see if it would come out of sleep status stimulated it as back online. Argh

I believe the panel updates broke the sensors.

Temp sensors are wake-up devices which do not respond to pings, rediscoveries, and remote tests. It is expected that they would be asleep. Pressing the button will wake it up and send a status. That is expected.

The odd thing is that the panel is reporting the offline status for those version 2 S2000-T models. If this is happening repeatedly, it seems like the panel may be looking for a response to status pings only, which it will not get.

The TS devices should report periodically or when there is enough temperature change to stimulate reporting. If they do not report in for what period of time that makes the system report it as offline?

For Z-wave I believe it is mostly reactionary to missed commands unless it is a siren, but the default for non-emergency sensors is 24 hours, and it seems like that may be the time-frame in this case.

The panel appears to not handle the data properly from the version 2 S2000-T model. Anything I say would be a guess though until confirmation from Qolsys/ADC.

The behavior is being investigated at this time.

I would hazard a guess then that Surety doesn’t sell the sensors because they have trouble with them.
The remote TS functionality is THE reason I went with Surety/ADC/Quolsys.
I am coming to the conclusion that Zwave is not adequately supported to be said that it’s a feature

I would hazard a guess then that Surety doesn’t sell the sensors because they have trouble with them.

The product you are referencing is on our website, but out of stock. We do not sell the new one yet, but it is likely to be added.

I am coming to the conclusion that Zwave is not adequately supported to be said that it’s a feature

I can assure that there is no conspiracy, there is a huge number of supported devices, but I understand that any issues you experience are disappointing if this is the main thing you were excited about using.

The reported behavior is being investigated at this time. I’ll follow up ASAP.

I am skeptical as the TS40 has been available elsewhere and not at Surety for a least a year.