Iq4 and Zwave switch and timers

Hi,

I’m trying to get a wireless Zwave switch (Zooz ZEN34) working with the iq4 so that it turns on a switch (Zooz ZEN15). How do I associate the two in the iq4? When I go to the installer screen (2222) there are no options to make associations.

Second, it would be nice if I could make it shut off the switch after a set amount of time, but my primary need is just to get a remote switch working.

What am I doing wrong?

Patrick

Neither of those switch models are explicitly supported, so it is possible you may have issues, but device association is possible.

If the Zen34 you are referencing is a aux switch that is meant for a virtual 3-way switch setup, you can find association options by the following steps:

Navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > enter installer code > Installation > Devices > Z-wave Devices > View/Edit Associations.

Set a basic association for each of those switches to contain the other. There is no configurable timer.

It works quite well. The association didn’t associate until I held the “on” button on the remote while hitting save on the basic association screen. I believe the remote goes is asleep unless I press the button, and so it won’t associate unless I hold it. I hope this post can help somebody else. Thanks for your help!

It’s a shame about the timer. Seems like a very basic action that they don’t support.