iq2 will not connect (pair) with iq main panel

Jason,
The iq2 is acknowledged by the router but I don’t know how to verify what band its using.

Riven,
I don’t know how to do those advanced items you are mentioning with my airport extreme. Sorry, but I am on the basic side of wifi knowledge. Thanks for your input.

Under the wireless options section of your router settings, do you see the two network bands listed separately? You would want to edit the SSID of the 5ghz network to be different than the 2.4. This will force the IQ2 to connect using the 2.4 and we can either verify or rule this out as the cause.

You would want to edit the SSID of the 5ghz network to be different than the 2.4

On the Airport Extreme, you can get to the naming options in the Airport Utility either on your phone or desktop under wireless settings then going to advanced. Rename the 5GHz network something different than the 2.4 network. Mine are Foo and Foo 5 for example. Then you should be able to connect the IQ2 to the 2.4 GHz network, same as the Qolsys panel.

I don’t know how to do those advanced items you are mentioning with my airport extreme. Sorry, but I am on the basic side of wifi knowledge. Thanks for your input.

Your “basic side of WiFi knowledge”, may prevent your security system from working properly insofar as secondary panel access control goes as the IQ2 is dependent on your wireless network being properly configured.

I suggest you educate yourself, and learn how to properly configure and use your router. It is highly unlikely that if your current issue is related to an improperly configured wireless router, that anyone else can resolve it for you.

DIY means “do it yourself”, you are your own tech support.

Oh and ah, friendly warning…don’t use WPS (WiFi protected setup) unless you want your entire wireless network completely and 100% compromised, hacked and used/accessed by others. WPS can easily be cracked in just a few hours time (average two to four hours or so), and anyone with basic pc skills can download the free Reaver app.

WPS: Cracking a Router's WPS Just Got Easier (for Some) | PCMag
Reaver: Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

BINGO!!! It works!!! Thanks you all for your help!!!

iq2 was confused because of the dual bands transmitting. Problem was the Airport Extreme assigns the same name to both the 2.4 & 5 band. I went into Airport Utility/edit/wireless/wireless options. I checked the 5gHz box which adds “5Ghz” to the name. I saved these settings and let the router reboot. (Wpa2 personal) It works perfect.

Again, thanks to all who helped me with this!!

Excellent :slight_smile: