IQ2 and Linear garage

Hi,

Have an IQ2 and Linear Garage door opener via Alarm.com and had a couple of questions

1. using the alarm.com app or web interface, I can open or close the garage door, however, if I try to open and then close it within 10 second or so, it doesn’t seem to work. Its only if I wait more than 1 minute that I can send the second command to open or close the garage. The first command always works well and it always works well from the panel. Is this a normal operation?

2. From time to time, I get a message via alarm.com that the garage door opener is ‘offline’ and then it comes back ‘online’. It doesn’t seem to affect the garage door automation (i.e. I can still open/close it), but alarm.com app says its a malfunction. What could be causing this?

3. Regarding the garage door opener, its a Legacy 850 from the overhead garage door company. It comes with a wall mount button to open/close the garage with a big red light on the button (for night). Since installing the Linear device, the red light is not illuminated anymore but the button works. The button hard wired to the garage door (i.e. not wireless). Any idea how I can get that red light to be illuminated?

Thanks in advance for your replies

1. using the alarm.com app or web interface, I can open or close the garage door, however, if I try to open and then close it within 10 second or so, it doesn’t seem to work. Its only if I wait more than 1 minute that I can send the second command to open or close the garage. The first command always works well and it always works well from the panel. Is this a normal operation?

Yes, this is likely just normal activity. Depending on the quality of your Z-wave network and cellular connection, short delays between command processing is normal.

From time to time, I get a message via alarm.com that the garage door opener is ‘offline’ and then it comes back ‘online’. It doesn’t seem to affect the garage door automation (i.e. I can still open/close it), but alarm.com app says its a malfunction. What could be causing this?

Offline indicates a communication issue, in this case a status or command failed between the controller and the Linear Z-Wave garage opener. If you are seeing this intermittently for the device it would be good to consider adding repeating Z-wave devices in between the controller and Z-wave garage opener to improve Z-wave network strength.

Since installing the Linear device, the red light is not illuminated anymore but the button works. The button hard wired to the garage door (i.e. not wireless). Any idea how I can get that red light to be illuminated?

If you remove just the Linear Garage opener wires, does the button illuminate again?

thanks all for your reply. As they say, time will fix everything. I have some updates

1. Turns out this in indeed normal operation. Its a UL requirement that there be at least 30 seconds between commands when they are executed via remote location (app).

2. The recent update to my IQ2 panel addressed and solved this issue. No more offline messages. I lived with it until the update and didn’t change anything.

3. Turns out this is how its going to be. The Linear device tricks the Legacy System so the light is off. For the garage door opener, the red light indicates everything is wired correctly, but with the Linear device, its an extraneous to the system so it thinks its not wired correctly. But everything works as it should so I will have to loose the red-light functionality which was kinda nice to have in the dark.