IQ swinger shut down option

Can someone provide an explanation of what a shutdown is? If I enable this option there is an option to set a countdown as well.

It lets you control how many times the same sensor can send an alarm signal during the same arming session. If disabled, and the intruder keeps opening and closing the door, it will send a new signal to the monitoring station each time.

Thanks. What would be the benefits of this enabled?

It’s for false alarm reduction. If something is making a sensor trigger alarms over and over again and you’re not home or answering your phone then we have to keep calling the police over and over. With swinger shutdown we would only call them once or whatever number you program as the countdown. The name “swinger” refers to a door left open that keeps swinging open and closed. You should leave it enabled unless you have a reason not to.

I guess I still don’t understand. So if the front door opens and triggers an alarm and the police are dispatched, if that door continues to swing open and closed the monitoring service will call the police repeatedly during the same alarm event?

Often they will. At some point they’ll call it a runaway sensor and start ignoring it but if it’s unclear what they should do they will call. A false alarm is still better than not dispatching when an actual break-in occurs.