IQ Remote PowerG Screen NOT Turning Off

Just installed the IQ Remote PowerG and the screen is NOT turning off after 1 Minute of last being touched.

If I switch it to display the screen saver slide show or the date & time things function as expected are activated after 1 Minute of last being touched.

How do I get the display to turn off after 1 Minute.? I have set the IQ Panel 4 to do so and would think that the IQ Remote PowerG would function the same.

From the IQ-PG access Settings Tray > Photo Frame > Settings. This section controls the screen settings you are referencing.

Display Type can be set to off.
Photo Frame Start Time can be set to 1 Minute.

That is exactly what I did yet the screen will not go to sleep/dark.

However if I instead select Date & Time or Slide Show they are activated after the 1 Minute.

Try setting start time to 5 minutes but keep display type set to off.

Then Reboot the IQPG (hold power button down for a couple seconds then Panel Reboot). Once rebooted, double check the settings from above are still saved, then test. After 5 minutes does the panel go dark?

I set to 5 Minutes Since Last Touched and set Display Type to OFF and then rebooted.

Unfortunately the screen did not go off after 5 or more minutes.

FYI holding the power button for a couple of seconds brings up a window that offers two options: REBOOT or POWER OFF. I selected REBOOT.

Holding the power button longer than a few seconds cause the LED, located in the speaker area at the bottom of the remote, to start flashing green and then red. I released the button fearing that it was going to initiate a factory reset.

Hopefully you can recreate this issue and come up with a resolution and/or submit this as bug to Qolsys. Very annoying not to be able to get this work since it is an option and for the fact that it is working correctly on the IQ Panel 4.

If you tap the button on the side of the panel, does the screen go dark?

I am unable to re-create the issue. My IQPG test panel display turns dark after one minute with the following settings:

Settings Tray > Photo Frame > Settings > Display Options
Display Type: Off
Photo Frame Start Time: 1-minute

I’m happy to pass along the issue to Qolsys. Can you submit a photo of how your IQPG is currently set up in Photo Frame Settings?

Navigate to Photo Frame > Settings and take a picture of all of the settings as they currently are. You can submit them here or to us off the forum at support@suretyhome.com.

yes.

Can you please provide the rest of your settings?

IMG_0502

IMG_0503

Thanks again for your assistance.

Thank you for the images, I have reached out to Qolsys to see if they have any recommendations and will follow up here once I have heard back. Based on the images received, the test panel I am using is on the same settings.

FWIW I noticed the IQ Panel 4 screen would not turn off when there was an issue with WiFi or if Bluetooth was disabled. But this doesn’t seem to be the same issue as the other forms of screen savers are working on the IQ Remote.

I am wondering if there is something not functioning correctly with the IQ Remote or if there is a flipped bit somewhere that is causing an unreported error that is causing the IQ Remote screen not to turn off.

I have not heard back. At this point we dont expect to hear from them until Monday or so.

In the meantime you could try master resetting the IQ Remote PG, this may resolve the issue.

Delete the IQPG from panel programming. Wait a few moments and the IQ PG will revert back to an unconnected status. From the IQPG menu (vertical dots) in the upper right hand corner, master reset the panel.

Wait for it to reboot, then reconnect to the main panel and try again. Any change?