IQ Remote PowerG bugs

Tyler, thanks for the help - to your first comment, yes, when the screen is black, touching it allows for button presses on the screen but it stays black. The panel is powered via the included power supply and cable, and it’s securely in the back of the panel. It’s been hooked up for a couple of weeks.

Software version is 4.3.0 rc2183_20230417. I’m going to try to reset it back to factory and reconfigure it again this evening just out of curiosity.

Edit: Battery now shows at 99% (says 1 minute, 24 seconds to fully charged but never gets there). Oddly, when AC is unplugged, it still dies immediately.

Remove it from IQ Panel 4 panel programming first, then Factory Reset the IQ Remote.

After resetting it, follow the installation instructions in the guide below. Any Change?

https://support.suretyhome.com/t/how-to-pair-the-iq-remote-powerg-iqr-pg-with-the-iq-panel-4/26089/2

Thanks - followed the guide to reset and reconfigure. It took the update, seemed to work fine through that, etc. then a few hours later the display went dark and it’s doing the same thing again.

Edit: I did notice when putting a flashlight right up against the LCD that it is displaying info, it’s like the backlight is just dead. It’s obviously not totally dead, which led me to believe it was software. Holding down the power button on the right side and using the flashlight to be able to see how to shut it down, then powering it back on makes it work right again until the backlight goes back out.

Are you able to navigate to Settings > Display? What is the panel brightness level at? Can you adjust it and does this resolve the issue?

I had the exact same issue after turning the Remote PowerG LCD backlight down to the lowest setting. As soon as it went into night mode, the backlight wouldn’t light back up and the screen stayed black/blank. I used @unc81’s flashlight tip to see the pull-down settings and was able raise the backlight brightness to re-enable it.

I will attempt to re-create. To confirm on the IQ Remote PowerG (IQ-PG):

• Nighttime mode is on through photo frame settings
  • Panel Brightness level is set o 0% in Display

When night time mode is activated, screen cannot be seen, or woken up? What about after night time mode ends, same thing?

What software version is the IQ PG on? (Settings > About > Software)

My PowerG SW version is 4.4.0. When night-time mode is on with panel brightness set to low, the backlight won’t turn back on when touched. However, the unlit screen itself is awake, but requires a flashlight to see the controls.

I will see if I can re-create. Can you verify what value Brightness Level is set to specifically? It’s a percentage value.

I can recreate the bug at 5-9% brightness.

I was unable to replicate on lowest setting (4%) I will attempt to recreate and follow up with Qolsys regarding the issue.

Sorry for the slow response. Turning the brightness up one click from 0% seems to have resolved it on my end. It’s been working fine the last ~2 weeks.

Thank you @tyler.

I was unable to replicate with brightness set to 6% and night time mode set to turn the display off. Screen goes black but then when i touch the screen, it comes back on to a clear brightness.

I’ll pass this along to Qolsys anyway. What build version is your IQ-PG? (Settings > About > Software)

See above for sw version.

I have another bug with the nigh sleep mode that I have found with the IQ Remote PowerG and the 4.4.0 firmware update.

Mine doesn’t have the same issues as described by unc81, but has a different issue:

When the panel comes out of sleep the next morning, the LED should indicate the arm status (red=armed, green=disarmed.) However, with the 4.4.0 update, the LED status doesnt show either:

If I look at the IQ Hub however, the LED status displays the correct arm status (green or red.) Its only the IQ remote(s) (I have three IQ remotes on my system) that do not display the LED status.

However, once I touch the disarm icon, the LED status fixes itself and begins to show correctly. You can see in this picture the LED lights up to red immediately after I touch disarm:

Can we also get a bug open on this issue with Qolsys?

If you interrupt sleep mode by tapping on the screen, does the LED turn on correctly? Does it then turn off when the panel goes back to sleep?

However, once I touch the disarm icon, the LED status fixes itself and begins to show correctly. You can see in this picture the LED lights up to red immediately after I touch disarm:

Does the light come on when you touch the arming icon, or when you actually change the arming status of the panel?

If you interrupt sleep mode by tapping on the screen, does the LED turn on correctly? Does it then turn off when the panel goes back to sleep?

I havent tested this but will try this today.

Does the light come on when you touch the arming icon, or when you actually change the arming status of the panel?

The LED comes on when I touch the disarm icon (which pops up the count down timer screen, as shown in the image, to enter my disarm code.)

I am able to confirm this behavior and have passed it on to Qolsys for review. If this is a bug, it would likely be resolved with future FW.

@tyler, I actually like that night mode also turns off the armed/unarmed LED, because our remote panel is in the main bedroom :slightly_smiling_face:. If Qolsys does re-enable it, an option to turn it off in night mode would be great!

This does appear to be a bug introduced in 4.4.0 and should be patched out in 4.5.0. No ETA on when that FW will be available but we place FW patch notes and update instructions here: