IQ Remote PG Won't Update to 4.5.0

Just updated the IQ Panel 4 to 4.5.0 and then updated one of my IQ Remote PGs to 4.5.0. The first time I tried to update the remote, I received a “Powerg patch upgrade failed” message, but a subsequent attempt worked.

In trying to update another one of my IQ Remote PGs, I get the upgrade failed message consistently and can’t resolve it. I confirmed good Wi-Fi connectivity and rebooted the remote, but the issue persists. Everything else works as expected.

How do I resolve?

Thanks.

As a test, Master Reset the IQRPG. After rebooting, reconnect to the same network the IQP4 is on, then pair via Wi-Fi, any change?

Hey Tyler. Thanks for the prompt reply! I’m new to this IQ stuff and did not install this system. What could go awry as a result of doing a Master Reset of the remote? Thanks!

There should be no issues when doing a master reset of the IQ Remote. This will revert it to factory defaults but current FW will stay the same.

You can only do this from the menu on the top right hand corner of the IQ Remote (three vertical dots) when the remote is not paired to the IQ Panel.

So, I finally got around to doing this and before going down the reset route, I removed the Remote from the wall, walked it over near the IQ4, tried it again and it Just Worked! Yay! I don’t know why this resolved the issue, since the devices are not far from each other and both are equidistant to a nearby AP, but I’m good to go now!

Glad to hear it!