IQ Remote Panel randomly shutting down

The 9104 was discontinued back in June '23.

I cant say this is common behavior that we have encountered with the 9104-840. However if a new purchase is experiencing this issue, I would return it if possible.

Thanks, I’ve opened a case and seller is processing the RMA. I bet as soon as I get the replacement the new one will do the same. I’m suspecting it’s pulling something from the main Qolsys IQ Panel. This all started when upgrading from to 1.6.1 to and 1.6.3 and 2.8.1 did not fix the issue.

There’s no way to go back to 1.6.1 which was working just fine with the IQ Remotes.

I’m thinking of doing a Master Reset on IQ Panel 2 to see if it’ll correct the issue but I’m hesitating as it means losing all my Z-Wave devices and having to reprogram all my security devices. Seems like a small problem but I have over 100 devices. between z-wave and security devices. I wish there was a way to download the config file and just reload the file after the master reset.

Qolsys has not been helpful at solving the issue and have no clue what is causing this.

I’m thinking it’s something in either my ADC profile or the IQ Panel Software/Settings that is wonky. There’s no way to default all settings and I can’t seem to find the default settings for 2.8.1 to see in Dealer Settings which features should be enabled and disabled. As an example, I found it weird that in yesterday while scrolling through Dealer Settings Panel Glass Break, Panel Motion and Panel Ambient Noise Detector were all enabled. If I’m not mistaken Panel Ambient Noise should not be selectable if Panel Glass Break is already enabled. I disabled all 3 features and rebooted, and master reset the remote to see if it would make a difference but no luck. Same behaviour.

Also noticing that in 2.8.1 on my IQ2 Panel, the enhanced IQ Wifi in grayed out but all enabled. As an example, in the picture attached of the explanation of these features in IQ4 documentation. The issue is I have no way to disable these features and they are grayed out. I’m thinking this might have something to do with the issue of the rebooting of the IQ Remotes.

Thanks a bunch, and sorry for the long rant. It’s just so frustrating and if it wasn’t for the Qolsys Image Sensors I have, I’d be upgrading to the IQ4. Unfortunately, the IQ4 doesn’t support Image Senor PIR using the daughter card I have in my IQ2, and I’ve been delaying the inevitable, I think.

There’s no way to go back to 1.6.1 which was working just fine with the IQ Remotes.

Correct, FW cannot be rolled back on any Qolsys panels.

I’m thinking of doing a Master Reset on IQ Panel 2 to see if it’ll correct the issue but I’m hesitating as it means losing all my Z-Wave devices and having to reprogram all my security devices

This may resolve the issue. Alarm.com runs backups periodically and your dealer may be able to push that backup to the panel after the reset. This wouldn’t work for Z-Wave just wireless sensors. Those would need to be cleared then paired to the network.

Unfortunately, the IQ4 doesn’t support Image Senor PIR using the daughter card I have in my IQ2, and I’ve been delaying the inevitable, I think.

No it does not support image sensors. You can use Alarm.com video cameras or the PowerG PIR - Camera Detector PG9934 although they are not as robust as the Image Sensors were.