IQ Remote Dead?

Hi,

I have an IQ Remote (IQR-PG) that’s a few months old and now appears to be non-functional. I paired it with my IQ 4 panel but otherwise it’s mostly been sitting unused. Today I noticed the screen was off and the device appears to be dead.

Symptoms: The screen is black & unresponsive. No LED lights.

What I’ve tried: tapping the screen, pressing the power button on the back, holding down the power button, plugging the device into different outlets, swapping the charger from my IQ 4 panel to test if the charger is defective, checking the polarity of the battery & re-seating the battery.

Is there anything I might be missing or any further steps to take? Or is this device bricked?

Thanks!

The charger for your IQ panel is 7 volts. The Remote needs 12v. Can you check the voltage on your 12v remote charger?

Thanks, I didn’t think to check the chargers for a voltage difference. The charger for the remote is indeed 12V.

Are you able to check the voltage output from the charger? Do you have a meter?

Unfortunately I don’t have a multimeter, I’ll see if I can borrow one later today.

Some things to check:

• Check to make sure the barrel connector is connected all the way.
  • The 12V power supply is in use and plugged into a non-switched outlet
    • if plugged into a switched outlet, ensure the outlet is turned on
  • Check the power supply by plugging it into a different, known working, outlet.
  • Ensure the wiring to the power supply has not come loose and that it is connected properly to the +/- terminals
  • Make sure the internal battery is connected, following correct polarity
    • If the internal batter is fully discharged, it may take up to 24 hours to re-charge
  • When powering on the IQR-PG ensure you hold the button down for 5 seconds or so. The LED should light up and the Android logo should appear on screen.