IQ Panel and FT6-345 Water Sensor Notifications

I have setup the water sensor on my IQ Panel. (I did not realize is was not a supported device until after I received it) I was able to get it enrolled on the panel with little effort. I tested it by spilling a little water on it. The Panel did go off and required me to input my code, and I also received a call from service center that the alarm did go off. How can i set this device to only push notification’s to my iPhone, as well as an email. I don’t want it to go to the panel or the call center.

Sensor group 25 is a local notification only sensor group on the IQ Panel. Choose sensor group 25 in programming for that sensor, then you can set up notifications in Alarm.com for when it activates. This sensor group will not generate an alarm.

On the panel: Settings > Advanced Settings > installer code > Installation > Devices > Security Sensors. Edit sensors and change the sensor group of that zone.

In Alarm.com, wait about 10 minutes, then visit the notifications page and create a notification for that zone.

Thanks Jason. I changed the sensor group and it no longer notifies the call center. I then went to notifications page and set it up to push notifications as well as send me an email if the sensor gets wet. The panel does pop up stating the sensor is wet, but i do not get any notifications on my iphone nor do I receive any emails. On other alerts, such as garage door activity, system armed and disarmed, etc, I do receive notifications on iphone and email I have also tried deleting and recreating the notification but still no luck. Any suggestions?

You would need to create a sensor activity notification for the water sensor and select the desired recipient(s). While there is one for Water Sensor Alarms, you want sensor activity. I’m not showing one in ADC at the moment. This can be done via the notifications tab in Alarm.com.

That did it. I do appreciate the assistance

One more question pls. Is there a way to turn off the notifications off the panel but still receive the text and push alerts to iPhone?

Are you referring to chimes/voice announcements on the panel when that zone trips? You can turn off chimes and voice for that sensor in the sensor programming page as well.

On the panel: Settings > Advanced Settings > installer code > Installation > Devices > Security Sensors. Edit sensors, disable chime and voice prompts.

Hey Jason. I tried that. ( I think)

(Attachment Video.mov is missing)

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

I tried that ( I think). I still get the message voice from panel as well as a message image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Interesting, I see what you are referencing and I think that alert box is unrelated to any voice or chime settings, it simply displays when any water sensor trips. Group 25 will never trigger an alarm, but that particular local notification I think will always show up. This is usually desired to be aware of leaks locally. I don’t think that can be disabled if you have a water sensor but I am checking with Qolsys to verify.

Thx Jason. I am also still getting the voice message alert also. I tried sending a .mov of it but it was rejected by your site

Qolsys confirmed that this alert is separate from voice and chime settings and cannot be disabled at this time.