IQ Panel 4 no wifi or cellular

Is a Master Reset the only course of action?

Firmware update would be the first suggestion, but if you cannot get wifi enabled that would not be possible yet.

Can you describe what you see when trying to re-enable wifi?

It just gets stuck on the pop up that says “Turning WiFi on”

Are you doing that from the homescreen card that shows up with wifi turned off, or from within the settings menu?

I am not sure there would be a difference, but if you haven’t, please try going to Settings > Advanced Settings > Wifi to try to enable it instead of that homepage card.

I tried from both the start screen and in the menu. Wouldn’t turn on from either. I just decided to do the master reset instead. Thanks for the help.

Alright, thank you for following up. 4.4.1 addresses the cellular connectivity issue.

Stupid question, do I now have to take my sensors down or is it possible to take the panel to the sensors?

Also, I’m on software 4.3.0 and it says it’s up to date and there are no updates available.

You do not need to remove the sensors, the alarm sensors can be learned in from where they are, they don’t need to be close during pairing.

The patch tag from the update instructions must be used in order to find and start the download.

I’ve updated the software, but am unable to add my door/window sensors. It looks like the panel is picking up someone else’s sensors on the auto learn and mine aren’t being seen by the panel.

In that case you can either take the panel around to the sensors or manually add them. What model sensors are they? You can enter the TXID/DLID manually under the Add Sensor page

Try using static IP in Wifi Advanced Settings, it worked for me and I was able to upgrade to 4.4.1

Ps… Never mind, since you’ve upgraded it.

I figured it out. I was manually adding them as RF when they’re powerg. After manually adding them, I had to go around to each of them and trip the tamper sensor to get them to connect to the panel as they still wouldn’t connect after manually adding them.

1 Like

Thank you for following up. For other readers, PowerG programming steps can be found here:

Same thing just happened to me sometime between late Sat night and Sun morning - No cellular, no Wf-Fi, hangs forever when trying to enable Wi-Fi from either user or admin settings. Nothing unusual over the weekend. No configuring, no known power outages.

Several reboots and just now a shut down and pulled battery for a couple of mins then booted back up. Still no cellular or wi-fi to enable :unamused: Just checked and I was still on f/w 4.3.0. Great to know there is a 4.4.1 that might resolve this … except how can I recover Wi-Fi enough to get it (without factory wiping the whole thing and setting all my sensors and Z-wave back up as well as ADC)??

If a power down and then boot up does not get wifi to be able to connect, a master reset may be necessary.

Settings > Advanced Settings > Power Down. Wait about 20 minutes, then power up the panel again. Any luck?

I have seen the panel in a state where it could not connect to ADC via wifi, but was still able to reach Qolsys update servers, so it would be good to try the patch tag and download.

Powered down and even left the battery disconnected for an hour, no joy.

I cannot even enable Wi-Fi to connect to either of my access points anymore to even get out anywhere. Just like the OP’s issue - going into Installer setup and click the “Enable Wi-Fi” checkbox just spins forever now.

Surely Qolsys has some way to recover at least getting the Wi-Fi enabled to try the f/w update?

I cannot believe out of the blue I’m facing having to completely wipe and rejoin all of my sensors and Z-wave devices. Not to mention this is going to throw off all of my ADC rules, etc. that all have to be set up to the new device IDs, no?? This is going to take me weeks of reconfig and verification :thinking:

Power cycle with prolonged power down, or master reset.

I cannot believe out of the blue I’m facing having to completely wipe and rejoin all of my sensors and Z-wave devices. Not to mention this is going to throw off all of my ADC rules, etc. that all have to be set up to the new device IDs, no?? This is going to take me weeks of reconfig and verification

Alarm.com runs automatic backups periodically. A Restore from backup is possible for settings, Wireless RF sensor programming, and User codes. Backups are applied via cellular only.

A backup exists from 3/10/24 but its partial. Looks like a smoke was removed from programming, so this may not be included.

Z-Wave would need to be cleared, then added manually. Secondary panel programming would need to be redone as well, if in use.

So after I do a master reset (and hope that restores cellular and WiFi) are you saying I do not have to re-learn all of the PowerG and legacy sensors? A restore from ADC should automagically just have them rediscovered in the sensor list once each sensor heartbeats back to the panel? Or do I still need to go thru the whole property and re-learn all of the sensor devices first and ADC restore somehow changes/remaps the IDs to my last backed up ADC sensor list (so all my rules, etc are supposed to resume)?

Based on that is how much more time I have to carve out of what are already some busy weekends this month :wink:

So after I do a master reset (and hope that restores cellular and WiFi) are you saying I do not have to re-learn all of the PowerG and legacy sensors? A restore from ADC should automagically just have them rediscovered in the sensor list once each sensor heartbeats back to the panel?

Not exactly. The restore from backup can only be sent by us and must be requested, it does not occur automatically. This can only be sent during normal business hours. Its a manual process.

It is sent over cellular. It is possible that it can fail to send/complete depending on signal strength, although this is uncommon. If that is the case, wireless sensors would need to be re-learned manually.

Additionally, with PowerG, you will need to tamper each sensor individually after the backup/restore to get them to sync with the panel.

You can request the restore via Private Message for account verification purposes.