IQ Panel 4 No Longer Beeps on Entry

When I enter after alarming, the panel no longer produces audible beeps. It use to beep the countdown timer, but now it doesn’t.

When did this behavior start?

Do you still hear chimes for sensors?

Check your volume levels first, open up the settings tray to see overall volume slider and then under Settings > Advanced Settings > Sound, check the beeps volume.

Is the entry delay still occurring, as it it gives you time to disarm, just with no beeps? If the entry delay period is also not triggering, are you using the No Delay option when arming?

It started about a week ago? Checked the chimes/beep settings, when I change it, it makes sounds, but still doesn’t make one during the alarm countdown.

Did this coincide with any changes to the system? Did you update firmware at the time or recently prior?

Have you rebooted the panel? Settings > Advanced Settings > Reboot Panel.

I think it may have coincided with a firmware upate.

I have done a panel reboot and it still doesnt beep for the countdown timer.

Are countdown beeps audible during the arming Away countdown when arming Away at the keypad?

Do both chimes and voice announcements work for sensors opening for any zones with chimes enabled?

When trying to arm away on the panel it seems to lag but eventually it does countdown. I had to close and open the panel by pressing the side panel for the screen to update and then it made an audible countdown.

All of the arming and disarming on the panel seems to cause the screen to freeze/lag.

If I enable chimes then I can hear them when a sensor opens.

When pressing the Arm icon on the panel’s home screen, how long of a delay is there until the Arm Stay and Arm Away icon box appears? Is this consistent?

When entering after arming away, is the entry delay countdown beep always off, or does it beep sometimes?

It doesn’t appear until I press the side button to close the screen then press it again to open the screen. This seems to be fairly consistent.

It only beeps after pressing the side button twice (same as above, I need to close the screen then reopen it).

Can you try disabling and re-enabling the security page? Under Settings > Advanced Settings > enter the installer code > Installation > Installer Settings > Security Page.

If you cannot edit that field, disable partitions first in that same menu.

Leave the security page off and reboot the panel.

Then after reboot, re-enable that security page. Do you still see the same odd behavior when trying to arm?

Tried it and didn’t seem to resolve the issue.

Alright the description regarding how it behaves when arming makes this especially odd. To rule it out can you confirm how long is the power cable? What gauge cable is being used?

Are you using the included power supply for the panel?

Can you also try disabling Power Management under Settings > Advanced Settings > Installer Code > Installation > Installer Settings > Power Management?

Is there any difference in behavior after turning power management off?

I’m using the standard power cable/brick that was provided. I’m not sure what gauge cable or how long it is.

I tried turning off power management and no change.

Thank you, we will update Qolsys with this info and follow up with any additional recommended steps ASAP.