IQ Panel 2 Signal Extender

I found this on Qolsys Site:

[https://qolsys.reamaze.com/kb/faqs-for-iqp2/using-repeaters-with-s-line-and-other-devices]

So switching the sensors source from S-line to SecurityRF-319 would make it possible to use RF repeater like the RE524X?

Thank you!

Yes, however you lose the benefit of the sensor encryption that way.

ok thanks,
But the repeater will definitely work with the S-line sensors?
so anything changed since 2 years ago when you said the repeater won’t work at all with the IQ Panel 2?

Ah, I see what you are referring to up top. Never said the Repeater won’t work with the IQ Panel 2+, it will not repeat S-Line encrypted signals.

The original response needs updated because it assumes S-Line sensors will always be encrypted, but they actually transmit both encrypted and unencrypted signals. You program the panel to listen to one or the other. Thanks for pointing that out, we’ll fix the original response. I don’t recall if it was available at the time to choose the signal source.

If looking to buy new, or if you just have issues with a handful of sensors, I’d still strongly recommend going PowerG if you have the IQ Panel 2+, as it will probably be cheaper than an RE524X and will be encrypted.

Thanks you again,
Can you refer me to a G power sensors (doors/windows and motions) that would work with qolsys?

Thanks!

You would need an IQ Panel 2+ (not the older 2, the 2+ has a PowerG radio). Compatible sensors are listed here.

Thank again!
one last question : )
i see that the powerG is only one piece? (with no magnet?)
also, is there powerG TIlt sensor?

Thanks so much!

i see that the powerG is only one piece? (with no magnet?)

The DSC brand PowerG door/window sensors are two piece with sensor and magnet, such as the PG9303, PG9945 etc.

also, is there powerG TIlt sensor?

No currently there is not a PowerG tilt compatible with the Qolsys IQP2+