IQ panel 2 questions

I just started up service with surety with a new IQ panel. It is going to be installed at a cabin that does not have WiFi. I have updated the panel at my home over WiFi but in the future is the panel able to do the update over the cell network? If not, how do I update it.

And I have a general install question, how long does it take from the time the someone breaks in until the panel sends a signal to adc? If the burglar hears it can they break the panel before it sends signal?

All OTA (over the air) updates for the IQ Panel require Wifi, however you can also update locally via an SD card. See Below for info on the 1.6.3 update:

UPDATE IQ PANEL SOFTWARE VIA SD CARD
If you are not able to update your panel’s software using the Wi-Fi connection, follow the steps below to use an SD card:

Note: This is an incremental update. Your IQ Panel must be on software version Q1.5.3 or higher. If your panel’s software version is Q1.5.1 or lower you will need to update to 1.5.3 or higher before you will be able to update to 1.6.3. IQ2’s that are paired with the IQ Panel will automatically be updated to the latest IQ2 1.6.3 software after the 1.6.3 IQ Panel software is applied.

1- Insert an SD card into your computer. (*We recommend using a “class 4” or higher SDHC card with 4gb-16gb storage space)
2- Click the download link below (we recommend saving it to your desktop)
DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE PATCH
3- Once the file is downloaded:
- Locate the file called “Software-Patch-163.zip”
- Right click this file and select “Unzip” or “Open”
- You should see a folder with three (5) files inside: “hc163-18072017.tar.gz” “release.txt” “remote.tar.gz” “signature” and “signature2”
- Drag ALL FIVE files to your SD card. These are the ONLY files you’ll need, so delete ANY other files
- Safely remove the SD card from your computer
4- Slide your SD card into the slot on the back left of the IQ Panel.
5- Touch “Settings” and enter a valid installer code (default is 1111)
6- Touch “Installation”
7- Touch “Upgrade Software”
8- Touch “Upgrade Using SD Card”
9- The panel will search the SD Card for the patch and begin downloading it automatically.
10- Once complete touch “OK” to reboot the panel. DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN. The process will take about 5-10 minutes and based on the software being updated, your panel my reboot multiple times. After the panel reboots the home screen will appear and the buttons will turn green.
11- Eject the SD Card:
- Touch “Settings”
- Enter your installer code (default is 1111)
- Touch “SD Card”
- Touch “Safely Remove”
- Remove the SD Card from the side slot by pushing it in slightly, it should then “spring” back out

And I have a general install question, how long does it take from the time the someone breaks in until the panel sends a signal to adc? If the burglar hears it can they break the panel before it sends signal?

The delay between opening a sensor and a signal sent to ADC is technically 0 with regard to crash and smash style attacks.

When the panel sounds the siren and generates an alarm signal will depend on whether the sensor is an entry delay sensor or instant. When the panel confirms an alarm signal with ADC is determined by the dialer delay.

On an IQ Panel you can find dialer delay under Settings > Installation > Sirens and Alarms.

So in normal operation, if you have a 30 second dialer delay programmed in your panel, after the siren is tripped locally there will be 30 seconds before a signal would be forwarded to the Central Station and/or an alarm event is confirmed in Alarm.com.

However, Alarm.com Crash and Smash protection does not require the confirmation. So, for example say someone kicked in the front door and ran to smash the panel. Alarm.com would receive the door open signal which kicked off entry delay. The only two resulting circumstances are the panel is disarmed or the timer expires and an alarm occurs. If neither happen, it is regarded as a possible crash and smash and handled as an alarm.

Similarly with dialer delay, if a local siren is tripped, but the panel signaling is disrupted before the confirmation of an alarm, it is treated as a Crash and Smash, because Alarm.com received the initial pending alarm signal and is expecting either disarm or confirmation of the alarm to occur.