IQ Panel 2 LED blinking green, screen dead

I fear my IQ panel has suffered some sort of failure. Starting last night, I noticed the LED blinking a steady green and nothing on the screen. I did a power off reset (hold button on side for 30 seconds) and while the blinking LED turned all sorts of pretty colors (green, orange, red in succession), and finally turning solid red for a few seconds it just turned back to the blinking green again with no screen.

This morning I did a power off reset (unplug power supply, unplug battery from circuit board) and let it sit for a few mins. Upon plugging it back in, there was no change in status.

Is it dead?

Previous reports with similar/same description have all resulted in replacement of the panel it appears. It looks like hardware failure.

I would try an extended power off first, 20 minutes to an hour.

Thanks Jason, that’s what I was afraid of. I did research the previous threads as well.

Options for replacement if it’s kaput?

Also, backup of config and restore to a new panel…let me guess, that’s not possible once the unit is DOA or can it be done from the ADC back end?

The IQ Panel 4 would be the recommended replacement.

A new backup of the panel would not be able to be made, but an automatic backup of your panel is available from 8/27 it looks like.

I guess that’s not fatal then. I didn’t do anything except swap out two zwave light switches since 8/27 (just last weekend actually). And if I read the backup doc correctly, none of the zwave stuff comes over anyway? Just the security stuff? None of my lights, door locks, doorbell, thermostats etc.? That will be a fun day of set up :confused:

Anything else I need to do prior to purchasing the new panel?

Correct, Z-wave devices cannot be backed up and would need to be added manually.

There is nothing special to follow except for the backup restore guide. Do not use the System Manager swap tool in this case if you are looking for a backup restoral. We will perform the swap for you so that we can trigger the settings restoral option.

OK, new panel ordered.

Is there a way to back up, or at least save all the existing automation rules in ADC? Lights, thermostats, time or GPS based actions etc. If I have to redo all of those, is there a way to save and restore them in the back end? if not I’m looking at a lot of time spent reinventing the wheel :confused:

No, unfortunately new instances of rules would be needed as there will be all new node ids and device list. Rules cannot be saved and restored.

Let me rephrase…is there a way for me to download or export a list and the conditions of the rules I have now so that I can recreate them properly rather than try to remember what the hell I’ve been doing for the past 8 years?

There is no export functionality for the rules, no.

For what you are describing, I would screenshot your rule list and all individual automation rules, which would allow you to reference the previously used parameters.

Suggestion idea for ADC: Make this stuff exportable, even if it’s just a CSV or something.

I am happy to forward suggestions!

Jason, I went to make sure I’m understanding what the doc means when it says to “clear” the zwave devices. I read that as removing them all from ADC before attempting to relearn them into the new panel, yes?

Clear means to remove. The Z-Wave device and the panel contain networ information.

You need to remove the device from the network, then add it to the network when swapping panels.

Best way to do this is from the new panel, both actions can be performed on that panel. Then when all Z-Wave devices have been successfully paired, run a Z-Wave network rediscovery.

Now I’m confused. I’m installing a new panel. The new panel hasn’t had any devices added to it. How would I clear devices from a panel that has no knowledge of the devices very existence?

Z- Wave devices store the network information. This info needs to be cleared out before it can be tied to a new network.

Clearing that info can be done from any Z-Wave hub, including the new panel.

All Z-Wave devices in use need to be:

1. Cleared from the network
  2. Added to the network
  3. After all Z-Wave devices are added and in place, run a Z-Wave Network Rediscovery.

So just a “good to know” update. Once I cleared and re-added the wave devices (that’s a serious pita btw…having to manually touch each device and the panel twice for the “roundtrip” while running all over the house), ADC still had all my rules in it. I had to select the devices for each rule but I didn’t need to create all new rules from scratch. That’s a lot better than I was thinking I’d have to deal with, so there’s that.