IQ Panel 2 and Alarm Questions

I am having trouble with my door locks. The alarm may have set with the lock in bypass mode which is ok because I have door sensors also. However, the alarm triggered at 3:45am because of a door lock. I just put fresh batteries in the lock. I think they were a little low.

I have a “kitchen door sensor” in the door and a “kitchen door lock”. The activity shows Kitchen door lock opened, then pending alarm, then alarm at 3:44am 6-20-18. The siren did not go off and I did not hear the call from alarm.com, so a cop showed up… Looks like the cop showed up around 4:19 am. So I definitely need the siren working.

How do I get my Qolsys I2 panel to trigger its siren if it goes in alarm mode? Then at least I can react to alarm code.

The alarm may have set with the lock in bypass mode which is ok because I have door sensors also. However, the alarm triggered at 3:45am because of a door lock. I just put fresh batteries in the lock. I think they were a little low.

Happy to help! To clarify: locks do not cause alarm signals and cannot be bypassed. Z-wave automation devices do not influence the alarm state of the panel.

Only alarm sensors can trigger alarms. Bypassing is a capability of the panel to ignore certain chosen sensors during an arming period.

I have a “kitchen door sensor” in the door and a “kitchen door lock”. The activity shows Kitchen door lock opened, then pending alarm, then alarm at 3:44am 6-20-18

The door lock does not trigger alarm signals, the subsequent opening of the door and tripping the door sensor triggered the alarm in this case.

A Pending alarm means that dialer delay is active (by default it is active on an IQ Panel 2) for more information on that please see this page.

How do I get my Qolsys I2 panel to trigger its siren if it goes in alarm mode? Then at least I can react to alarm code.

The IQ Panel 2 sirens can be disabled in programming, so this is likely the issue. You can find this by navigating to Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Siren and Alarms.

Siren settings are described on page 24 in the manual.

The panel has “All Sirens on” under the “Panel Sirens” settings. What is the next step?

Hmm, I see. Apologies on the confusion, you’ve got Z-wave locks but in this case in your equipment list you actually do have sensors named locks. Can you confirm what model of sensor you are using that is labeled “Kitchen Door Lock”

Are you using a wired plunger sensor to monitor a deadbolt bolt?

Looking through the history, nothing looks out of place. Programming looks fine.

The panel has “All Sirens on” under the “Panel Sirens” settings. What is the next step?

Note that sirens will time-out after a period of time per programming (default 4 minutes). If you were sleeping at the time and did not wake up, the siren would be off by the time you woke.

It looks like the panel was not disarmed for a couple hours, can you confirm when you woke?

The door sensors are Qolsys IQ Wireless S-Line QS1134-840. The door locks are Schlage BE469. I think I named the door locks with “…locks” and the sensor as “…Sensor”. I woke up around 5:30. I triggered the siren when installing it and I would be surprised if we both slept through it.

I triggered the siren when installing it and I would be surprised if we both slept through it.

Two way voice (if active) will kick off the siren, but there would be a solid period of time due to dialer delay with the siren active.

It would be good to test an alarm event to verify how the system is currently reacting.

If you have 24/7 monitoring you would want to contact operators at 855-348-0367 to place your account in test mode. Then set off an alarm and note the panel reaction.

Opening an entry door should trigger an entry delay, after which your panel will kick on its siren and dialer delay will start before the signal is forwarded to the central station.

The door sensors are Qolsys IQ Wireless S-Line QS1134-840. The door locks are Schlage BE469. I think I named the door locks with “..locks” and the sensor as “..Sensor”.

There is some confusion on this.

Z-wave door locks are not sensors and do not get programmed as such.

Your panel is reporting that you have two sensors labeled Kitchen Door:

Zone 3: Kitchen Door Lock
Zone 6: Kitchen Door Sensor

There are two sensors labeled Front Door:

Zone 4: Front Door Lock
Zone 5: Front Door Sensor

Then you have two Z-wave locks on your system:

Front Door
Garage Door

In some cases individuals will use plunger sensors to monitor the state of a deadbolt physically. But the status reported by the Z-wave locks and sensors do not match.

For example, the Front Door reports as Locked, but the “Front Door Lock” sensor is Open. The “Front Door Sensor” is closed.

Can you please confirm what exactly the Zones are that are labeled “lock?” Schlage locks do not communicate on 319.5 sensor frequency and are not used for alarm sensor reporting. Confirming the origin of these sensor zones should help clear up issues.