IQ Panel 2 always Silent Arming/Disarming

I noticed recently that my IQ Panel 2 stopped announcing when it was remotely Armed Stay. Or when it was disarmed. It used to announce with a voice “Remote Armed Stay” if I remember correctly. I know I didn’t change any settings, and I highly doubt my wife did. Can someone point me where in the settings menu I need to go to turn this back on?

Check the Voices Enabled and Voices Volume settings.

Settings => Advanced Settings => Sound

Looks in the Volume setting and the Voices setting. Are voices enabled with a reasonable volume?

I never received an alert that you had replied to this message, so I didn’t do this until today. But I had a similar (probably related) issue. My alarm was triggered today when my wife opened a door and didn’t hear the panel counting down. I’m not sure if that’s because the panel was counting down silently or because we had a roomba running, but in any case, the alarm was triggered. However, neither of us knew the alarm was going off. It went off silently but I know I did not do a silent arm or anything that should have set it to trigger silently. The first I realized anything was going on was when both of our phones started receiving text messages that the alarm had triggered. When we looked at the panel, we could see the flashing red alarm indicator, but didn’t hear any sound at the panel. We got the phone call and informed them it was a false alarm.

After that I logged on to this site and found this old question. I went to the panel and just navigated to sound settings. I didn’t select anything or change any settings, but just scrolled through the options. After exiting the sound options menu though, all of a sudden my sound is back. Now it announces which door is opened and does so loudly.

Have you ever heard of this happening? It seems as though just going into the sound menu for the first time reset everything. Now I need to spend some time actually configuring my sounds and I want to test the alarm to ensure the sound goes off, but I don’t remember how to put the panel in test mode so it doesn’t call the monitoring company.

I’ve not seen or heard of that particular case. Interesting, I would assume an edit would be necessary to auto-save settings but it sounds like they just auto-saved when exiting the menu regardless. That’s fine, but definitely odd that the sound was bugged there before.

If you reboot the panel does the issue return or do you have all sounds functional now?