IQ 4 backplate question

Can the IQ 4 panel be used without the backplate attached. I have a wireless transmitter located in a wallbox behind the IQ 4 mounting. Also I would like to carry the IQ 4 around to do activation and learnin the sensors.

I have a wireless transmitter located in a wallbox behind the IQ 4 mounting.
What is the purpose of this device?

The back plate is how the panel mounts to the wall, this is also how the panel is powered if using the wire leads to Ground and 7V DC in as outlined on page 12 of the manual .

Also I would like to carry the IQ 4 around to do activation and learnin the sensors.

You can carry the IQ Panel 4 around on battery power to learn in sensors, this can be done without the back plate if desired.

Thanks Tyler, I was just worried there might be a tamper issue if the backplate was detached.

It will tamper when you remove the backplate. As long as the panel is disarmed, this shouldn’t been an issue when learning in sensors. If you have 24/7 monitoring you can place your account on test mode

When troubleshooting, you may want to place your 24/7 professional monitoring account on Test Mode during troubleshooting to avoid any false dispatches.

You can do this by calling monitoring operators directly at 855-348-0367 or from the Professional Monitoring tab in the System Manager section of your Surety account.

Thanks