IQ 2+ with SmartThings

Hi,
I added the IQ 2+ as a secondary controller as per the excellent instructions. I think it paired okay, but the ST hub shows up in the IQ as “Other Devices1-5”

Anyway, I paired a z-wave yale lock to the ST hub and now it works fine through the ST app but doesn’t show up on the IQ panel. Any idea?

That can happen. Not all controllers will dynamically update the secondary controller (IQ Panel) when a new device is later added.

Please try removing the IQ Panel as a secondary controller to ST, then try pairing them again. This will share the updated device list to the IQ Panel.

ST may also have an option to force update child controllers, however I can’t say that for sure or if it would work. Worth a look though as it would be easier.

Hmmm, does that delete all the Z-Wave device data on ADC (rules and names and stuff)? So if I add 30 locks now and then I want to add another in 2 months I’ll have to start completely over with programming ADC?

Unfortunately yes, that would add all new instances of nodes in Alarm.com.

That’s a big reason why I mention looking for the force update option for child controllers on the ST network. I’ve not heard anyone confirm this was possible, but some other controllers have this function.

Do you know what other controllers will do that? I’m not tied to SmartThings so it might make sense to switch to something else before I start programming in all these switches.

I would honestly expect ST to be able to do that. It is a very popular and widely used hub/software. Most users who contact us about setting up secondary controllers use ST.

I remember Vera having that capability. I believe I have seen it on Wink but it has been a while since checking.