IQ-2 to IQ-4 upgrade/replacement

I am currently running an IQ Panel 2. The display has been wonky (blurred/double image) for a while, but it has gotten to be almost unreadable now. I can only arm/disarm by phone or remote IQ panel. I want to upgrade/replace with IQ Panel 4. From the website login, it shows “Panel Version: Qolsys IQ Panel 2 firmware 2.5.2-ADCS 7.15-ADCL 7.15”. This is the system named “Home”.

1st question: How can I order just the replacement/upgrade panel, without signing up for a new subscription?

2nd question: I understand I think that y’all can backup the current settings, and restore to the new panel (sensors, etc.). How do we coordinate that?

Thanks!

Happy to assist!

1. The IQ Panel 4 w/ 319.5MHz radio on Verizon IQP4001 without service can be purchased via this link here.

• The IQ Panel 4 is compatible with the same 319.5Mhz and Z-Wave devices that the 2 is. However, if is only compatible with the QW9013-840 and QW9104-840 IQ Remote secondary panels, it is not comaptible with the the older versions.
  2. Backup restore is only possible between the 2 and the 4, if the 2 is on firmware 2.6.0 or higher. Currently, it is reporting at 2.5.2.

• Backup restore process would only send 319.5MHz Sensor settings, not User codes, panel programming, or Z-Wave programming.
    • Firmware upgrade steps can be found here
    • If firmware cannot be upgraded, then sensors would need to be learned in manually.

Thanks!

I got the replacement panel ordered now.

I am going to try later today and shut the panel down, pull the battery, and let it sit a while…in the past that’s gotten the screen to work for a few minutes. If lucky, maybe I can get it to upgrade to 2.6.0.

Steps for backup restore can be found below (if possible)

A backup/restore can be run to apply RF sensor programming, User Codes, and panel programming to the new panel. This process can be performed during normal business hours.

The process for the backup restore is as follows:

• Run a backup on exists as of 2/12/2022 (but we can run a new one so long as the panel is signaling)
  • Once the new panel is received and you are ready to start the process:
    • Do not program the new panel
    • Power down the old panel power supply first, then internal battery
    • Private Messsage us with the new panel’s 15-digit IMEI number and state you are ready to begin the process.
  • We will send commands to begin the restoral process and confirm this has been sent.
    • The restoral can take 20-30 mintues. During this time, do not add any devices to the new panel or send any arming disarming commands or make any programming changes to the new panel.
    • You will know the process is nearing completion once the last of the sensors populates at the panel.

[edit: removed some comments, I figured out why I couldn’t get to the menu item]

When I go under About, then patches, then Patch Description, it looks like there is a “Revised Auto Upgrade” scheduled for March 10, 2022. Last patch installed is April 8, 2021, which appears to be 2.5.x (hard to read on my jumpy double-vision screen).

When I try to upgrade via wifi, it says no update available (is currently on 2.5.2).

Edit 2: For “reasons” (covid shutdowns, surgery, injury, etc)…I never got power to the building I bought a second panel/system for, so it is yet to be installed. It is currently at 2.0.4. Is there any way to restore my data to that panel, then (or before restore) update it to 2.6, then be able to backup for the transfer to an IQ panel 4???

THANKS!!

When I try to upgrade via wifi, it says no update available (is currently on 2.5.2).

First you need to go from 2.5.2 to 2.5.3. Then once you are on 2.5.3, you can go to 2…6.0

Are you able to enter the patch tag?

1- Swipe down from the top of the screen and touch “Settings"
2- Touch “Advanced Settings”
3- Enter a valid installer code (default is 1111)
4- Touch “Upgrade Software”
5 -Touch “Patch Tag” and enter the patch iqpanel2.5.3 then touch OK
6- Touch “Upgrade Using Network” (panel must be connected to Wi-Fi). Update will download and install
7- Once complete touch “OK” to reboot the panel. DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN. The update process will take approximately 5 minutes. After the panel reboots the home screen will appear and the LED will turn green.

Is there any way to restore my data to that panel, then (or before restore) update it to 2.6, then be able to backup for the transfer to an IQ panel 4???

Yes but its not very straightforward.

1. Youd need to delete the ADC account the 2.0.4 panel is tied to. (looks like you have 2 active ADC accounts through us).
  2. Then you’d need to do the backup restore on the ADC account the 2.5.2 panel is tied to.
  3. Then you’d need to get the 2.0.4 panel updated to 2.6.0+
  4. After you should be able to update from the IQP2 to the IQP4 with the backup restore (again).

Ok…that worked, got the panel up to 2.6.3.

When my replacement panel comes in, I will coordinate backup/restore.

THANKS!!

No worries. Just shoot us a PM with the new panels 15-digit IMEI number and make sure the IQP2 and the IQP4 are fully powered down.

Is there a way to order the Essentials package without the service plan? We are already customers and were looking to buy another camera and are moving and need more sensors. Cost wise, it makes more sense to go that route.

Bundles all come with a subscription included, but if you want to purchase one as a replacement panel you can ask us to cancel the extra subscription, let us know it is for an upgrade in the order notes, email, or pm here.