IP address change

Recently upgraded to a static IP so I believe I need to update some info within my camera system to view remotely. Having trouble figuring out inputs, but have updated IP info. Troubles in the past with dynamic IP as the address would constantly change.

I have a 16-channel dvd and 4-channel dvd system.

If you assigned the device MAC to the IP, then simply turn off modem/router and turn off camera. Restart modem/router wait like 5 min or so, restart cam.

If you have some kind of standalone IP cam system with 4 and 16 channel NVR, and need to make config changes it gets more complicated.

If you are referring to accessing the system remotely, a static (public) IP would let you just input that IP address in place of any prior address (DDNS name, etc.)

Unless you actually changed out the router you likely won’t need to make any changes locally.

If you are referring to accessing the system remotely, a static (public) IP would let you just input that IP address in place of any prior address (DDNS name, etc.)

I have like 12 WAN/WLAN devices in my home, and when I change the IP (or simply restart the router that assigned the DHCP static leases), some devices get new IP’s, and there is sometimes a conflict (as the device will still be showing old assigned IP and I don’t use static routing or reservations). The only way to fix it is to restart the device, so it has the properly assigned IP.

If the OP changed the DHCP assigned IP to a static or reserved IP, it may require a device restart.

Recently upgraded to a static IP
I have like 12 wireless devices in my home, and when I change the IP (or simply restart the router that assigned the DHCP static leases), some devices get new IP’s

Believe OP means he purchased a static public IP. The IP address the ISP assigns his location does not change now. I don’t think he’s referring to anything on the LAN

Believe OP means he purchased a static public IP. The IP address the ISP assigns his location does not change. (Doesn’t affect or apply to anything locally)

ok.
Comcast does that automatically. I have had the same external IP address for last 3 years or so. If the OP is using IP cameras, then that suggests a router based internal IP that is DHCP assigned, or static or reserved, and that would change all the time (if DHCP assigned clients), and will continue to change regardless of his external modem IP (unless reserved or static).

Does OP not use IP based cameras with 4 or 16 channel NVR?

If OP has a router, he should set the cam’s IP as static, or reserve (and not as DHCP assigned clients).

I was able to get the 16 channel back up, but the 4 channel is still giving me problems.

you should provide more detailed info.

If there are two DVRs, then that would mean they would use different ports for your router to direct outside requests.

It will likely be labeled “HTTP port” in the DVR network settings.

For example: The first one (the one that is working with the static ip) would be using HTTP port 80.

The second then would use the same IP, but you would need to direct the request across the port the device is listening on. For example, if your IP address is 8.8.8.8, and the port is 81, then you would use 8.8.8.8:81 if the app does not specify Http port as a separate saved setting.

Verify the port number in your second DVR (the 4-channel) network settings.

The second port number is 81

Error states (ip address:81) The IP address is not accessible! within the phone app

Can you ping that DVR or access its LAN address from a computer within the network? (LAN IP:81)

Calling now to make sure router is in bridge mode. Think that may be the issue.

All you using a Gateway?

Putting your modem in Bridged Mode (DOCSIS Mode), the modem will still have Ethernet and Wireless connectivity, but your devices will use a Public IP Address, assigned by your Service Provider.

This will also effectively disable the Gateway’s firewall.