Internet service for 2GIG?

I need some help in finding out what the minimum requirements are for our internet service as far as megabytes, for our security system. I have a 2GIG panel.

If you are using a 2GIG panel, it does not have built in wifi. Alarm.com communication modules run off of a cellular service connection. The only ways internet would come into play is if you have one of the following:

The 2GIG GoBridge Broadband Communicator.
Liftmaster/Chamberlain MyQ Products.
Lutron RadioRa/Caseta
or Alarm.com Video Cameras.

Of those, only the Alarm.com video cameras really have much of a minimum requirement. Typically you will want at least a 1 Mbps upload speed for the base level of ADC Cloud Video.

Of those, only the Alarm.com video cameras really have much of a minimum requirement. Typically you will want at least a 1 MB upload speed for the base level of ADC Cloud Video.

Are you sure it is Megabytes (MB), or is it Megabits (Mbps)? They are not the same.

There are eight bits in a byte, so, if your download speed is eight megabits per second (8Mb), then that’s actually shifting 1 megabyte per second (1MB).

1 Mbps is 0.125 MB
1 MB is 8 Mbps

Aware. Mis-abbreviated

1 Mbps is very very slow for HD (720p) streaming video (its very very slow for below standard def 480p).

I would think its around 3Mbps…minimum, and that’s for say 480p standard or lower. 1Mbps is gonna be atrocious (pretty much useless).

Technically the stated minimum requirement is just under 1 Mbps. Again I am referring to upload speed specifically, not download speed.

1Mb is probably right then