Integration of Z-Wave Garage Door Opener Remote Controller with 2gig

Moving from https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/integration-of-z-wave-garage-door-opener-remote-controller-with-2gig/#post-47017

I’m thinking to integrate Z-Wave Garage Door Opener Remote Controller with my 2gig/alarm.com and LiftMaster 1/2 (haven’t figured out the product ID further yet…I don’t have a stepladder to have a closer look).

Question is, does this Z-Wave Remote Controller work with a “traditional” remote controller if I choose to add one? I guess yes, because the Z-Wave one comes with garage door sensor that I assume reports back the garage door status to 2gig. Could someone confirm?

Also, just a curiosity, what happens when open/close commands are sent from both traditional and Z-Wave remote controllers at the same time?

Question is, does this Z-Wave Remote Controller work with a “traditional” remote controller if I choose to add one?

Can you clarify? What do you mean a traditional remote controller? Do you mean like the standard RF visor button for your car? Yes, both could be added.

Also, just a curiosity, what happens when open/close commands are sent from both traditional and Z-Wave remote controllers at the same time?

Z-wave commands are not a toggle command, but a specific open and a specific close. So if the door is already closed and you send a close command, it will stay closed.