Integration for a wired Honeywell Vista 20P

Just moved and sold my old Qolsys IQ Panel 2 based system along with the house.

New house has system already installed - Honeywell Vista 20P panel with 6150 Keypad

I’d like to be able to use Surety/Alarm.com as I had previously for security plus automation.

===QUESTIONS===

What's the simplest way to integrate the 8 wired ZONES (many more actual wired sensors) of the Vista 20P with a Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ ? I'll want to go with the 2+ to get the PowerG card (for future-proofing) but does it matter which daughter card option I choose ? I think I realize I either need to get an SEM or a The IQ Hardwire 8/16 - is that correct thinking? If I have more than 8 actual sensors (more than 16 actually) do I need to get multiple IQ Hardwires or do the 'Zones'handle more than one sensor ? Is it possible to integrate an existing Honeywell Lyric Round thermostat with the IQ 2+ and Alarm.com ? Is it possible to integrate an existing Ring doorbell with the IQ 2+ and Alarm.com ?

I think that’s it for now but I’m sure I’ll have follow up questions depending on your recommendations.

Thanks!

Craig

The SEM is only if you are using just the Honeywell Vista. It is its own cellular module essentially and allows the vista to connect to Alarm.com.

You would not use the SEM and the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ together.

If planning on using the IQP2+ you would want to use the Hardiwre 16-S for use with taking over wired sensors. The hardwire 16 handles up to 16 zones and more than one Hardwire 16 can be utilized if going beyond 16.

Multiple sensors can be wired to the same zone in series if desired.

Keep in mind the Hardwire 16-S cannot be used with life safety devices. However, the Hardwire 16-F can takeover wired smoke detectors.

I’ll want to go with the 2+ to get the PowerG card (for future-proofing) but does it matter which daughter card option I choose ?

Are you referring to which RF sensors it can utilize? If using the Hardwire 16 from Qolsys you would want the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ with 319.5 MHz radio. This would allow you to use Qolsys RF S-Line sensors along with legacy 319.5 MHz sensors.

Is it possible to integrate an existing Honeywell Lyric Round thermostat with the IQ 2+ and Alarm.com ?

No this is not compatible with Alarm.com. The ADC-T2000 would be compatible with Alarm.com and connect to the IQP2+

Is it possible to integrate an existing Ring doorbell with the IQ 2+ and Alarm.com ?

No, it is not compatible. Currently only the SkyBell HD and Slim are compatible.

Thanks @Tyler

Do you guys sell both the 16-S and 16-F ?
Do you sell the IQ Panel 2+ ?

It may be simpler just to use a Honeywell touch panel, right? But can alarm.com integrate with this system (if I use the SEM) with one of their touch panels (e.g. Tuxedo).

Would that then give me the ability to integrate with the ring and thermostat?

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ can be found here and currently includes six months of Surety Home plan with monitoring

While we do not currently carry the Hardwire 16-F, the 16-S can be found here.

Keep in mind that compatible products do not have to be purchased through Surety in order to be utilized with our service.

Should you decide to utilize the SEM instead of the Qolsys panel, the Tuxedo is compatible with the SEM and could be used.

"Would that then give me the ability to integrate with the ring and thermostat?"

Those products do not integrate with Alarm.com.

Thanks again, Tyler.

I may decide to go a different direction (away from the Qolsys panel) with this system but appreciate the support and information.

Anytime!