Installing SkyBell after WiFi Change

Good Morning

I attempted to Re-add my SkyBell to my account after Updating My Wifi Settings following the Knowledge Base instructions, But upon re-attempting to add the Camera, I am getting the Error that the “Customer does not have permission to add Device”. Could you please assist?
The Device is either an ADC-VDB105 or ADC-VDB105x, it’s hard to tell the difference from the photos…
Thank you.

Sorry to hear this. This definitely appears to be related to a bug I reported to ADC, which seems to occur in the app sometimes.

You do have access to adding video devices, rather you should. That is an incorrect message, the error seems to be with the validation occurring in the app.

Can you send us a private message with the Mac address of that doorbell cam?

Alarm.com is asking if you can try now one more time. Check in the app under the add device page and see if it lets you select the VDB105

I would log out and log back into the app then try

I was able to re-add the Door bell camera using the App.
Thank you for your support.
I think the interface was reset as the cameras were now not greyed out.
Once again thank you.

I have this same exact issue. How do I fix it?

The does not have permission to add Device error message has been seen in most cases where a video doorbell is removed then re-added. Alarm.com appears to have potentially made an adjustment to how they cache account data and there is a short delay before the device is fully cleared from their systems.

Wait about an hour or two then try to add the camera again.