Installing Kwikset 910 and Sensors on TAKE-345 to new Qolsys IQ 2+

Hello,

Just joined the Surety family. Left Vivint and wanted to be able to reuse my hardwired sensors (connected to a TAKE-345 module by Vivint) and my Kwikset door lock.

I’m having problems adding my Kwikset door lock. I’m able to add it successfully, but when I try to lock/unlock from the panel or Alarm.com app, I get the following message: “The operation is not permitted due to device is paired in non secure mode. You must delete and repair device to operate.” I search the forum and tried some of those suggestions…still not working. Brought the panel to the door lock when adding. Changed the batteries. Nothing is working.

And as for my TAKE-345 module, a few of the sensors were “learned” or picked up by, for example, opening and closing doors, and waving in front of the motion detector. But there is one door sensor that doesn’t seem to be working correctly, even after adding manually. (I followed the instructions for manually adding the rest of my hardwired sensors that are wired into the TAKE-345 module.) The sensors I have to manually enter were the glass break sensors and the garage door. And when I look at the status for the garage sensor, it says “Open” even when the door is closed.

I did notice that there was one sensor that was asking to be added, but I have no clue what sensor it is. Not sure if it was one of Vivint’s sensors. How would I be able to tell?

Edit: Uploaded pics of the garage door. Looks like there are two sets of sensors. One set at the top and another at the bottom. I’m wondering if the bottom set is Vivint’s. And it looks like I’m missing a cap or cover for the sensor at the top

that is on the door itself.

I’ve had this issue before. Try excluding the lock (not just deleting it), and then including again with the panel/lock within 6ft. I think the kwikset is an S0 lock so you’ll get that message saying S2 was not added correctly something like that, bit just OK it because it just means its on the S0 and not S2.

Thanks for the tip. Did that and I’m still getting the same message.

I’m going to try to do a factory reset on the lock. Then add to the panel.

Still not working. Have tried a combination of different actions to try to sync the door lock with the Qolsys panel.

Regarding the Z-wave lock, did you have a Sky Panel?

In the case of all other controllers I have worked with you can clear a device’s parent network link from any controller. Unfortunately Vivint is unique in that in order to clear the Z-wave lock properly to be able to add to another controller, we have found that you must perform the clear device function from the Sky Panel.

Regarding the door sensor, it is hard to definitively say from the images, but it looks like what probably happened was the Vivint installer had trouble getting the wired garage sensor to work and instead of troubleshooting the sensor issue they installed a wireless recessed sensor as a replacement.

The wireless sensor will either be a DW20 or a DW21. If the former, it could be learned in and used without issue. The DW21 is a proprietary Vivint model.

Thanks, Jason.

The sensor is DW21, so I’ll likely have to buy a wireless sensor for that door.

As for the door luck, I removed it from the Sky Panel before removing the panel from the wall. I removed all of the devices that was included on the Sky Panel. I even did a factory reset on the door lock. Still not pairing with the panel.

Just to be sure, I want to avoid all confusion, there is typically an option to remove all devices (essentially reset the Z-wave controller radio) but this option will not clear the lock properly.

You would need to, one by one for any Z-wave devices, use the single device Remove/Clear/Exclude function, which then requires you to press the learn button on the lock to complete. This clears all saved network data in the lock.

Per reports, resetting the lock to defaults won’t resolve this. I would recommend trying to individually remove this lock again using the Sky Panel (the Remove Device function can be used on a device even if it is not listed in the panel device list).

Hi Jason,

Powered up the Sky Panel and removed the door lock. It wasn’t listed, but I removed it again (“Remove Node”) and was required to press the Learn button to remove it. Received confirmation that it was removed. Also, I “Reset Controller” which said it would remove all Z-wave nodes. There are no Z-Wave nodes on the Sky Panel. I even rebooted the Sky Panel before trying to connect the door lock to the Qolsys.

Now I’m dealing with a separate issue in that I’ve excluded, then included, the lock on the Qolsys and somehow, there are 2 door locks. Door Lock 2 is the latest one installed. Door Lock 12 won’t go away, and I’m not sure how to manually delete it. Is that something that you can do on your end?

Neither lock is working.

By the way, the two locks only show up on Alarm.com and the app. Only Door Lock 2 shows up on the panel.

Also, I “Reset Controller” which said it would remove all Z-wave nodes. There are no Z-Wave nodes on the Sky Panel. I even rebooted the Sky Panel before trying to connect the door lock to the Qolsys.

None of this is necessary. The only thing you need to do at the Sky Panel is perform the Remove Node individually on the lock and press the lock learn button. With that done you’ll be able to add it to the Qolsys Panel.

Now I’m dealing with a separate issue in that I’ve excluded, then included, the lock on the Qolsys and somehow, there are 2 door locks. Door Lock 2 is the latest one installed. Door Lock 12 won’t go away, and I’m not sure how to manually delete it. Is that something that you can do on your end?

Ah, yes it sounds like you still had the old instance of the lock on the Qolsys panel. Let’s try to fully clear it off the Qolsys Panel, both lock instances, then re-add.

Do a Clear Device from the Qolsys Panel, press the learn button on the lock. The panel should indicate that a device was removed (again, you must do this individually, you cannot achieve the same thing with “Clear All Z-wave Devices” )

Check if that removed both nodes or if one of them is still there. If one is still there let me know, pull the battery pack from the lock, and I will try sending a remote command to delete. Remote commands to delete will only work if the lock cannot communicate with the panel at all at the time.

I just pulled an updated equipment list from the IQ Panel and it looks like the extra lock is actually gone now, FYI, but the current lock still does say it is missing security keys.

Can you confirm how far away is the panel from the lock when you are pairing the lock?

It needs to be within about 6 feet and it needs to remain there for a few minutes after initially finding the lock to pair.

Ok. I just checked and the Door Lock 12 is gone, with just the Door Lock 2 remaining.

I just cleared the device. Waiting for the update on Alarm.com.

I’m sitting right beneath the door lock…so no more 3 feet and definitely less than 6 feet.

Can you confirm you have no lock currently paired to the panel? I am requesting an updated list but Node 2 is still showing up in your ADC account.

It’s still on the panel. I tried excluding again to see if it goes away. It’s still on the ADC app, too.

20200720_203519|375x500

Alright, I have sent another command to try and clear that out. Can you confirm there are no devices listed now?

The devices did clear out. And then I re-tried everything, and I continue to receive the same message. I even kept the panel within 6 feet for days afterward. Still hasn’t synced properly.

I may have to just purchase a new lock.

15957878438326449644705804268988|375x500

It may be beneficial to hold off until able to try the new upcoming firmware update. It is set to resolve a couple issues pertaining to the Z-wave radio.

I believe it is supposed to be 2.5.3 and should be available soon.

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

Good morning,

By way of follow up, I updated the software of the panel. It’s software version 2.5.2.

I also went through the steps again to pair the door lock and am getting the same message about it pairing in nonsecure mode.

I’ll probably start looking for another door lock that is compatible. Being able to monitor and control the door lock is an important feature that we really liked with Vivint.

Thanks again for all of your help.

But the way, I’ve seen it mentioned on the forum that ADC is releasing a new doorbell. I’m hoping that the night vision is better. And that there isn’t as much as a lag between opening the app and accessing the live stream.

But the way, I’ve seen it mentioned on the forum that ADC is releasing a new doorbell. I’m hoping that the night vision is better. And that there isn’t as much as a lag between opening the app and accessing the live stream

Image quality is expected to be better.

There will always be a short delay in connecting to a video stream, but the ADC doorbell is expected to have better wifi connection quality due to its dual antenna structure, which should limit bandwidth issues