"Incompatible Action" on water valve rule

I have a Zooz Titan Water Valve Actuator ZAC36 installed, which is listed as compatible with Alarm.com (https://alarm.com/hardware?type=1028).

When I pair it to my IQ4, I was not able to tell it that it was a water valve, it only allowed me to pair it as a light switch (I’m not sure if this is correct.)

In the app, it does indeed show up as a water valve, and I can confirm that pressing the buttons opens and closes the valves.

However, when I try to make a rule where “Any Water Sensors” trip, when I try to add “Water Valve” to the “then” part of the rule, I get an “Incompatible Action” in the app. “Light Switch” is the only thing I can select, but there isn’t a valve toggle in the “Light Switch” area.

I am running the latest firmware from Zooz on the water valve (1.19 updated earlier this evening.) And per this thread (Zooz Titan Water Valve Actuator) I made sure my panel is running version 4.4.1 since I also have a battery backup between the power and the device.

How can I enable the water valve rule to take effect?

Ah even more interesting, it looks like I can create a water valve rule per individual water contact sensor I have installed (if you can view the rules on my account, you can see that I’ve set one up - image below.)

But ideally, I’d like to create one master rule that just says “if any water sensor trips, turn the valve” since I may have lots of these sensors around the house.

That is interesting. My Titan water valve just shows up as a light switch. I am not seeing it in the Water Sensor page. I just made a rule to shut it off like a light switch.

What version of the Titan firmware are you running? Mine shipped with version 1.13, and it wasn’t until version 1.19 (see changelog), where some advanced zwave functionality was added to the unit. Since I have a battery backup it was important that the backup was also broadcasted to my IQ4 unit.

I just updated mine to version 1.19 because I was getting the “low battery” warning, even though I do not have the backup battery. The panel is on 4.41

Please see the rule.

That is interesting. My Titan water valve just shows up as a light switch. I am not seeing it in the Water Sensor page. I just made a rule to shut it off like a light switch.

Your Valve reports having failed secure inclusion. There were issues during pairing. Alarm.com is giving you the options for light switch automation. Try deleting and relearning that valve.

I think it took my app about 15 minutes or so before I saw the valve appear in the water management page. When I opened it this morning I was even prompted to do my “quarterly water valve test” from the app which was a nice touch.

But I still lack the ability to close the valve when “any” water sensor is tripped.

But ideally, I’d like to create one master rule that just says “if any water sensor trips, turn the valve” since I may have lots of these sensors around the house.

For Water Valves, you do need to select water sensors individually for rules at this time. You can try creating an Event triggered rule rather than the new rules builder and the same limitation is there.

Thanks for the confirmation Jason, I can work around this per sensor for the time being. Just felt odd to have the option to pick “any water sensors” as a “when” portion of the rule, and not being able to select the valve after that.