I would like to switch over to Surety but need a new 4G radio for my GC2 until the IQ4 comes out

I am trying to figure out how to switch over to Surety from my current provider using my GC2 system until the IQ4 becomes available.

I also need to upgrade to a 4G radio which I thought would also simplify the switch over but I need / want the Surety Home premier plan and not the basic $5 per month ( not sure what comes with that plan ) plan. Turns out that $5 per month plan that is attached to the 4G radio has the same name “Surety Home” as the $22 per month “Surety Home” plan. Am I missing something?

Is it possible to keep my current alarm.com profile with the switch over or will I need to rebuild my automations, device names, etc from scratch?

I need / want the Surety Home premier plan and not the basic $5 per month ( not sure what comes with that plan ) plan. Turns out that $5 per month plan that is attached to the 4G radio has the same name “Surety Home” as the $22 per month “Surety Home” plan. Am I missing something?

To see more info on plans see this page.

The $5 you are referencing is for professional monitoring, which you can omit from the plan if you wish and self monitor.

A free month of Surety Home comes with the cellular module purchase, standard monthly pricing continues after that first month.

$22 is the total cost of Home with professional monitoring.

Is it possible to keep my current alarm.com profile with the switch over or will I need to rebuild my automations, device names, etc from scratch?

Technically yes, but typically no. Many service providers do not support or will not allow accounts to be transferred, but a transfer option through Alarm.com does exist. See this page for steps if you are interested in trying to transfer instead.

This requires your provider to agree to transfer the account.

Otherwise, the standard process would be to start a new Alarm.com account through Surety.

Thank You,

I just ordered the radio and I will try the alarm.com transfer process.

That link takes me to the choose a new plan process. I just did that when I bought the radio. There seems to be a little disconnect in the process when coming over to surety by purchasing a new radio.

How do I get my transfer PIN without purchasing another plan again?

Activating with a new module and transferring an account are two separate processes.

In general a module swap is not done when transferring. An account transfer from one provider to another is just a wholesale switch of the dealer access to your account. Your existing panel/module would continue to work as it is now.

You can certainly swap out the module after transferring but it is not part of the process and is not built into transferring.

A transfer subscription would be needed (this automates certain aspects of the process).

Follow the steps on the transfer page if you would like to try a transfer, again please be sure that your current dealer will agree to transfer.

Send us a private message if you choose to go that route and we can cancel the normal subscription tied to the module bundle.