I want DW10 sensor to not set off alarm

I want to install a DW10 sensor on my cabinet doors under my kitchen sink to alert me if my child tries to open the doors. I want it to audibly tell me that the doors are open, but under no circumstances to set off the alarm function or contact the monitoring service. I literally just want the panel to say “Kitchen Cabinet” and maybe send me a text alert, and do nothing else.

I can handle getting the voice/text alerts, but I want to make sure I have the settings correct to avoid setting off the alarm.

Any help is appreciated.

Jason

I am new to this but if I were wanting to do what you mentioned I would try programming it as sensor type 023 - no response type with a sensor chime setting that includes voice. Set your voice descriptor to whatever you want it to be. I would probably also enable the transmission delay. If you want to receive an email or text from alarm.com you would do that in the sensor monitoring section of your account.
Again, I am new to this and can’t say with certainty that this would work but I would start there.

Thanks for the input! I tried setting to “no response type.” The only problem is that doing so appears to remove the sensor from alarm.com which prevent me from pushing a notification to my phone.

Any thoughts?

Hmmm. My doorbell is set as type 023 (no response) and the sensor equipment type is set to contact. Mine shows up on alarm.com and I receive emails when someone rings my doorbell. Hopefully someone else will have some ideas because I’m not sure what to do from here.

One other thing. I think you have to have sensor activity monitoring which means the surety diy gold plan. Do you have the gold or basic interactive?

I have the gold plan. I changed the chime type from one type of ding (can’t remember) and “voice 2.” to another kind of ding (again, not sure) and "voice 1). Not sure if it was related, but when I did the sensor re-appeared on alarm.com.

It works well enough that I am just going to leave it be.

Thanks for your help!

I am new to this but if I were wanting to do what you mentioned I would try programming it as sensor type 023 – no response type with a sensor chime setting that includes voice.

New or not, that’s absolutely correct :slight_smile:

If you do not see it as an option to select for notifications, navigate to your sensors page and make sure sensor activity monitoring is selected.

Keep in mind there is usually a 10 minute or so delay when adding sensors/making changes for the notification options to be fully updated.