I don't have an option to add Liftmaster MyQ

Three hours ago I added the “Liftmaster MyQ Garage” and “1 Video Doorbell” add-ons.

I was able to add the doorbell camera without problems but I cannot add the garage door opener.

In the alarm.com app I don’t have an option to add Liftmaster MyQ, when I go to the “Add Device” → “Garage Door”, I only have two options: Genie Aladdin Connect and OHD Anywhere.

Do I need to do something else for the Liftmaster MyQ option to show up?

MyQ will be visible in the Alarm.com website. Login in a browser and visit the Settings > Manage Devices > Add Device page.

Thank you, Jason, I see it in the website as you mentioned.

Now the problem is when I try to add it there, I go to:
Add Device → Garage Door → LiftMaster MyQ Wifi Garage Opener

It asks me to register the gateway by entering the serial number but when I enter the serial number I got an error message: “Gateway Offline. Serial Number - XXXXXXXXXX”

What am I doing wrong? Is there any documentation I can read on how to add it?

Exact steps depend on the model you are adding. You can find links in the guide below. What model of MyQ gateway are you using?

If you are seeing a message saying the Gateway is offline, that means it cannot currently connect to the internet. It would need to be connected to your wifi (or plugged into the router if 828LM)

The model is 8164W, it’s a Wi-Fi enabled garage door opener so no additional equipment needed.

Following the instructions in the guide you sent me I was able to register it and it’s now showing on the app too, working as expected.

For anybody doing this: the guide mention that It requires to press and release the yellow button two or three times to put in in Wi-fi mode, for this model it’s three times.

Thank you, Jason!