How to Swap Image Sensors

Hi, I am a total newb at this. I have an image sensor that is on the fritz and I simply want to swap it for a new one, which I have. Do I have to delete the dead unit and add the new unit from scratch or is there an option to keep the existing settings and simply update the learning/serial number? It would help if somebody provided more detailed instructions than normal since I have never programmed/learned a sensor. Thanks for the help!

Image sensors are less than convenient to program/learn. You would have to completely remove the bad image sensor from programming by returning all the settings for that sensor back to factory default and save/exit programming. Then go back into programming and add the new image sensor. Write down your existing settings for the image sensor before you reset them to default and use those when you add the new one.

The detailed steps for adding an image sensor are on the printed instructions that came in the box with your new image sensor but the enrollment parts are copied here.

4.Enroll Sensor in Panel-
a. Enter the “system configuration” menu in the “installer toolbox”.
b. Under Q1, select the RF sensor #. (Unused zone 01 to 48)
c. Select the RF sensor type. (Recommended: 04-Interior Follower, 10-Interior w/ Delay, 23-No Response Type)
d. Select RF sensor equipment type. ((2) Motion)
e. Select RF sensor equipment code. (9999 ADC Image Sensor)
f. Register the RF Sensor Serial Number. Click “learn” to initiate learn mode on the panel and XCVR2 radio. Power up the Image Sensor by inserting the batteries or using a paper clip to hold the sensor’s reset button for 3 seconds.
g. Select RF sensor equipment age.
h. Select RF sensor loop number. (Recommended: Loop 1)
i. Select RF sensor dialer delay.
j. Construct RF sensor voice descriptor. (Recommended shortcuts: 147-Motion Detector, 120-IS)
k. Select RF sensor reports. (Recommended: (1) Enabled)
l. Select RF sensor supervised. (Recommended: (1) Enabled)
m. Select RF sensor chime.
n. Continue to edit next sensor or select skip, end and exit to save changes.
o. Perform a cell phone test to ensure that the updated equipment list is sent to Alarm.com.