How to release panel from Safe Haven

Hello,

I have read similar discussion in the forum but none of them answers my question.

I bought a resale house that was originally built by DR Horton in 2021. The house came with the IQPanel and it has the safe haven logo on it.

I can also see a message in the panel inbox that says “to activate the security system contact safe haven”

I called safe haven and they confirmed that the account associated with the previous home owner has been deleted. However, I still see the safe haven logo on my panel. Does this mean that the account has been deleted but the panel is not released? Or is safe haven lying about deleting the account?

It is asking for the “Area Access code” to get into advanced settings and I trying to get that code from safe haven. How can I switch to surety without this code? Do I have any other way of getting safe haven out of the panel?

You can check the panel’s IMEI in our Module Check Tool linked here.

The results will indicate whether your panel is ready to be connected to service or if it is currently incompatible.

The logo on your panel should update when switching service, or if a dealer updates their logo, with the next firmware update.

If the panel is released and compatible, the Dealer/Installer codes can be changed through Surety through the Surety System Manager. Default installer code is 1111 and dealer code is 2222.

Thanks for the response.

I have obtained the IMEI number and checked that it can be activated using the module check tool. So I went ahead and purchased the surety plan in the hope that the “Surety System Manager” will get around the area access code barrier. However, even after signing up for surety by providing the IMEI number, the screen looks the same with the safe haven logo.

The instructions video says I need to go settings> advanced settings. But I need the area access code to get into the advanced settings. The default 1111 or 2222 does not work. Can you please help?

Hello,

Once the panel is connected to service, visit the suretyhome website and enter the system manager here . You will be prompted to access the system manager using your Alarm.com password for verification.

Choose the Reset Installer Code option and enter a unique code of your choice.

After the code has been updated, there is a firmware update available for the panel. You can find instructions for updating the firmware at this link. This should also change the logo on your panel.

The system manager directs me to login to alarm.com account. I use the temporary password for alarm.com I received in email and everytime I attempt to login alarm.com using that password I get another email saying “Your control panel has not communicated with Alarm.com. A command has been sent to your panel to retrieve an up-to-date sensor list from your system. Please wait a few minutes and try to login again.” Should I wait longer?

I am not able to do the cellular test since I need the access code for that

Looking into this, but try the default Master Code, 1234.

1 Like

Tried the Master code 1234 but it did not work

Unfortunately, without the correct installer code, we won’t be able to access the settings to run a cell test.

The Qolsys IQ Panel does not have a physical back-door reset and factory defaulting the settings must be done through the UI with the current code according to Qolsys.

Upon account cancellation, you will be provided a refund if cancelling without starting service. Start by logging in to your Surety account and entering the dashboard. Click on Subscriptions then click on the Cancel Service button to submit your cancellation request.

While researching, I had found others unlock with codes such as 2580, 2001, 3333, or 0101. You may try these or some other combinations as others had success through luck.

That is unfortunate. Thanks for your response. I have cancelled the account with surety and will resume again if I figure out the code or if I decide to get a new panel. Thank you!

I wouldn’t expect them to give you the installer code but they should be able to give you the master user code. You can run a cell test with that. I mean, you own the panel right? If they won’t give you the master user code that seems pretty shady to me.

In case you didn’t already find this, here’s a Reddit thread about the same situation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/homesecurity/comments/egvtow/need_dealer_code_for_iq2_by_safe_haven/

It lists a bunch of codes but one person said their safe haven code was 2923. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I purchased my home new through DR Horton. The panel is sold to the home owner as part of the purchase price, not through SafeHaven. I would recommend calling Safe Haven/ADT and ask them to reset the codes or to provide them to you. You may have to escalate up the chain. I went through something similar with my home. Just keep re-iterating that you bought the panel as part of the purchase on the home and as such they need to release the panel to you.

1 Like

I agree that it is super shady and predatory strategy on consumers. I will be pressing them until I get the code.

1 Like

Yeah, I did come across the codes in reddit but none of them work for me

Hey I sent u a private message