How to Put Together a Combined Window/Shock Sensor

A quality shock sensor is immune to the common false alarm triggers affecting audio based glass break sensors. We like the reliability of adding a dedicated wired shock sensor to the external sensor input on a door/window sensor. Protect your home from burglars prying open the window, or breaking the glass.

Is there a shock sensor I can use without wiring to a door sensor? I’m using the recessed door sensors already but I’d like to add shock sensors to a large picture window and my sliding glass door. I have a 2gig system.

Also, I noticed the combined 2gig sensors aren’t in your store anymore. Are they no longer available?

I have not used this particular sensor yet, but it is a 5800 series and might fit the bill.

This is another option, but it is a combined reed switch/shock sensor, and is quite large.

Correct, the pre-combined shock/window sensors have been discontinued. (I still recommend this set-up if you want both a shock and a surface DW, but it is easy with an RE201 since it has a terminal block.)

Thanks, I will check out that 5800 series sensor. In general, are the shock sensors more reliable/less prone to false alarms than glass break detectors?

In general, are the shock sensors more reliable/less prone to false alarms than glass break detectors?

Yes