This guide will show you how to create a reminder notification that you have locked one of your Z-Wave Door Locks.
What do you need?
- Z-Wave Door Lock
- Alarm.com account with home automation
- To get started, log in to your Alarm.com account, click on Notifications then select +New Notification
Next, select the Lock Activity option in the Standard section of notifications.
From here, you can do the following:
- Give the Notification a name
- Choose which Locks are associated
- Select how long the lock is unlocked for, prior to a notification being generated
- Pick a time frame that the notification is active for.
When you are done selecting the parameters for the notification, you can then select which recipients will receive a notification and by which method, SMS, Text, or email.
Be sure to click Save when finished.