How to enable video time stamp data

@tyler The camera are functioning correctly in all the areas you mentioned. I will reboot the cameras soon when I get home and report back.

Is the issue appearing on the app, or website, or both?

If using website, what browser? Have you tried a different browsers?

@tyler

The timestamp does not appear in the app or Safari browser on my MacBook. I just restarted the effective cameras with the same result.

• Are you able to test via a different browswer?
  • Have you logged out of ADC, then back in?

@tyler
I just tried Chrome-same result.

I logged out of app and back in-same result.

As a test, I would delete one of the cameras that is exhibiting ths behavior from Alarm.com. Then factory reset the camera and re-add it to Alarm.com.

Cameras are deleted from the ADC website via Video >Settings > Video Device Infro > Select the camera from the drop down then click on the Delete Icon in Video Device Info.

Factory Reset instructions vary from camera to camera complete steps can be found in the manual but most steps can be found here After factory resetting the camera leave it alone for a couple minutes before re-pairing.

I just observed that the time stamps disappeared from all 4 of my cams. 2 of them on 5/25 at about 2pm PDT, and the other 2 on 5/26 at about 8:00am PDT.

I’m thinking it’s not an app problem because I see the same thing on both Android and IOS. I have 4 ADC-VC826 cams and an ADC-SVR122 with a 1T hard drive.

@calkids @tyler

Interesting. Maybe we have a ADC issue here.

Also @tyler , I did not have time to delete and reinstall the camera to see if that corrects the issue. I will try later today after work.

I reached out to ADC reps yesterday who had not encountered the issue.

Removing/Re-adding the camera may resolve.

The only time ive ever seen the time stamp be removed is when you zoom in on the live view screen (ex. from the website you can use the mouse scroll function to zoom in on the image) doing so makes the time stamp disappear but this is only temporary, re-loading or zooming out has the time stamp return.

@tyler
Weird that another user is reporting the same issue and it’s not isolated to me. Also, I experience it on two different models of cameras. Strange. I will delete and re install later and report back.

FWIW, timestamps have returned on all 4 of my ADC-VC826 cams. The recorded times that the timestamps turned off and turned back on are (PDT):

• CAM1 - OFF 05/25/22 01:57 PM ON 05/27/22 10:17 AM (off for 44 hr 20 min)
  • CAM2 - OFF 05/25/22 01:57 PM ON 05/27/22 10:18 AM (off for 44 hr 21 min)
  • CAM3 - OFF 05/26/22 08:09 AM ON 05/27/22 06:21 PM (off for 34 hr 12 min)
  • CAM4 - OFF 05/26/22 08:12 AM ON 05/27/22 02:22 AM (off for 18 hr 10 min)

The firmware on all cameras is V5.5.82.210706.

All cameras have been powered the entire time, as has the POE switch and router.

Any thoughts what caused the timestamps to disappear then reappear?

I can’t corroborate the same behavior here yet, but it may be an ADC back-end issue that was resolved. I’ll take a look at some test cams to see if we saw similar activity.

@jwcsurety

I haven’t had the chance to delete and re install yet but I am still experiencing the issue.

I may have discovered a (the?) reason why the timestamps disappeared. This evening I changed the Video Device Image Settings on CAM1 at 6:14 pm and on CAM3 at 6:15 pm. When the cams restarted the timestamps were turned off for both recordings and live stream. I’ll check the SVR tomorrow to determine when (if?) they turn on again.

Follow up to my message last evening regarding cam timestamps disappearing after changing the Video Device Image Settings:

CAM1 off 6/1 at 6:14 pm | on 6/2 at 2:57 am (off for 8 hr 43 min)
CAM3 off 6/1 at 6:15 pm | on 6/2 at 3:14 am (off for 8 hr 59 min)

Thank you, I’ll see if we can recreate this behavior

Do you recall any specific settings combination that you changed? I cannot recreate this at all. The timestamp remains regardless of edits to settings.

@jwcsurety I also tried to change some settings but my time stamp has never returned. I am waiting a little while longer before I delete and re install to see if things somehow work themselves out or there is another solution.

The timestamp should come from the camera internally. Rebooting the cam alone should resolve it if the cam including it in the stream is the issue. I’ve sent a few commands to the Front Porch labeled cam, including a remote reboot. Can you check that one in a bit and let me know if any change?

If not, delete and re-add that one. Any change?