How to change sensor name and add delay?

Hi,
I’m looking for some guidance on how to change the name of a sensor and also how to add a delay to it?
Thanks!

Hi JR,

Changing the name of a sensor is actually very easy. Simply follow the below instructions:

1. Go into the installer toolbox.
  2. Select the sensor you wish to change using the right and left arrows.
  3. Press the down arrow until you see a section called “Voice Descriptor”
  4. Press Insert for each new word
  5. Each word uses a 3 digit identifier number.
  6. http://www.2gig.com/pdf/product-info/CNTRL2%20v1_8%20Installation-Programming%20Guide%20English.pdf The vocabulary table for 2GIG is found on page 19 of the above link.

In order to add / change a delay. Simply follow the below instructions:

1. Go into the installer toolbox.
  2. Select the sensor you wish to change using the right and left arrows.
  3. Press the down arrow until you see a section called “Sensor Type”
  4. Use the right and left arrows to select either entry/exit 1 or entry/exit 2.

The entry and exit delays can be modified by pressing “Go To” and going to question 5.
Exit Delay is Question 5 (45-120 Seconds)
Entry Delay 1 is Question 6 (30-240 Seconds)
Entry Delay 2 is Question 7 (30-240 Seconds)

I’m not sure if I’m blind or in the wrong screen or what…but I don’t have an insert button on the screen!??

In the video below, right around 1:45, it shows how to set the sensor name. Watch in full screen mode to see all the details on the control panel.

That will change the sensor name in the 2GIG control panel. The sensor name on Alarm.com might automatically update to reflect the change after you log out and log back in. If it doesn’t then let us know and we’ll sync it for you.

Hello I am trying to rename some sensors but I can’t find the guide for this for the three digit codes can you provide it again?

The final page of this document has all of the 3-digit codes for voice descriptors on the GC2.