How to add door garage MyQ to Alarm.com

I have the MyQ app working with my LiftMaster garage door. How can I connect to my Alarm.com account?

A Liftmaster MyQ Gateway can only be registered either through the MyQ app or through Alarm.com at any given time. To get started and add the gateway in Alarm.com, it would need to first be deleted from the MyQ app.

You can then get started by logging into the Alarm.com website and navigating to Settings > Manage Devices > Add Device.

I have given permission to Amazon to deliver packages inside my garage by opening my garage door. If I delete my opener from the MyQ app (which I think removes it from my MyQ account), won’t that also remove the ability for Amazon to open my garage door?

Correct, Amazon Key integration is unfortunately not available if registered through Alarm.com.

I did this step (removed device from MyQ app). But then when I go to alarm.com, it only has genie or overhead door. No option for MyQ in alarm.com?

Use the website instead of the app. The MyQ option on the app has not been visible for a while, I have reported this to Alarm.com.

On the website, go to Settings > Manage Devices > Add Device.

ok, followed all directions - reset the hub, reconnected wifi to home, got green light, then on alarm.com get ‘registration was unsuccessful for this device’. Factory reset and try again?

Usually this is still a registration issue. Here are some chamberlain support steps regarding deletion of the gateway.

The gateway (or hub) is registered and deleted separately from doors in the app and the doors can be deleted without deleting the gateway, which is a common point of confusion.

Can you confirm?

Can I bring this thread back? I don’t have any “Devices” showing up in my MyQ app, and still can’t get this setup. I use the serial number on the main garage unit/head on ceiling.
I was never able to get the garage door connected… it may not even have a WiFi connection. Is that a prerequisite to setting up on alarm.com?

it may not even have a WiFi connection. Is that a prerequisite to setting up on alarm.com?

Yes. It cannot be registered if it cannot communicate with Alarm.com. You would need to make sure the gateway has an internet connection. What model of MyQ devices do you have?

it’s a Liftmaster garage door opener with Wifi & MyQ. Looks like “elite” model with battery backup

Edit: All set!! I don’t know why… but the 100th time was the charm.
For the record I have Eero had had 2g & 5g ON (forgot to go into “legacy mode”) but did have WPA3 OFF. I used setup via my laptop rather than phone app.

Anyway - thanks
These instructions did it for me:

I currently have my garage doors linked to MyQ and understand I’ll need to remove them from the MyQ app before adding them to Alarm.com.

Before I do that, I wanted to verify that Liftmaster/Chamberlain is still supported by Alarm.com. The app and website both show Genie and Overhead Door as the only options when trying to add a new garage door device.

Happy to assist!

myQ is still supported.

You will need the LiftMaster/Chamberlain myQ add-on ($1 /mo) in order to integrate. Changes to your service plan are made through the System Manager feature of your Surety account. This process can be done at anytime.

myQ integration is added through the Alarm.com mobile app only, not the Alarm.com website. You will need to remove the myQ devices from the native myQ app before you can integrate with Alarm.com.

Got it, thank you.