how do I know what Vivint panel I have

So the panel is not locked out as I know the installer code and changed it. It looks as if the cellular portion isu registered as well. How do I know what Vivint panel I have and weather I can use it or not with alarm.com and suretydiy?

Does the panel look identical to the one pictured here?

If so that is a Go!Control Panel and compatible with suretyDIY service.

If it does not look like that panel and has a different shape, screen size, it is likely a Sky Panel, which is not compatible.

You can check the model number sticker on the panel as well. What does the model number sticker show?

Modules from the provider you mentioned are always locked to that provider. This is not the case with the majority of providers. “Registered” or “Not Registered” in the cell module radio status screen on the panel does not indicate anything about availability in this case. If you are correct on the prior provider a new cellular module would be required.

If it may have been a different provider, you can verify your module status here using our check tool.

General steps to get started with a 2GIG Go!Control Panel are found here.

In this case however, if you have a Go!Control Panel, this kit would have everything you need to connect to our service.

It does not look like the picture. So I have the living doorbell, the garage door opener, fire and smoke, kwikset door locks, 5 doors and 9 windows + indoor camera and nest thermostat. In order to go to your service what would I need to do.

It does not look like the picture. So I have the Vivint doorbell, the garage door opener, fire and smoke, kwikset door locks, 5 doors and 9 windows + indoor camera and nest thermostat. In order to go to your service what would I need to do.

What are the model numbers of your devices you mention? If you have a Sky Panel, some of your devices may not be compatible. We would be able to give more definitive assistance with the model numbers.

Nest thermostats are linked in the back-end via the Nest account and would be compatible regardless of panel.

You can use almost all the gear you have (except doorbell cam), and depending on firmware version, ADC cameras) and reinstall it to either a 2GIG GC2 or 2GIG GC3 panel which Surety can then monitor.

You may be able to take over a Skypanel, and unlock installer access (programming access, and ability to install your own gear and equipment). You won’t be able to get monitoring though. Basically just local noisemaker, and automation hub. You may also be able to use the panel to view camera (doorbell) feed.

Attatched are the iterations of the SkyPanel (from 2GIG Go!2.0 to the 3.0, but not necessarily in that order)

Try this:

First, you must remove cell unit. Trash it, as it cannot be reused. Do not place it back into a reset Sky panel. The panel tamper switch is also a ‘Panel Reset’. Power panel up after cell removal, once at home screen press and hold tamper button for about 30 seconds until the display reads “Panel reset please wait”. Display will then go blank and panel will default to factory settings.

Installer code will be 2209

560x410skycontrol-panel3.8.png

20140527_090527.jpg