How detailed can you make your central monitoring call list?

How detailed can you make your central monitoring call list?

Can I have a callback list for all audible alarms and a different list for panic/silent alarms?

I don’t think so.

It is pretty standard, and you can change it at any time merely by contacting surety or the data entry dept of Monitoring America CO-OP.

For silent/duress, call list is preempted and they call the AHJ per the info you provided (so verify it is correct).

For alarm events, you should contact your local police dept and ask about their policy for responding to unverified alarm events (some will not respond if the event is unverified).

Otherwise, the CS SOP is to contact per your instructions prior to contacting AHJ.

For example, mine is like so:

2way
Home
Cell
Mobile
AHJ

What is “AHJ”?

Authority Having Jurisdiction

I thought when a silent or panic alarm is sent, no calls to any of my contacts are made and they simply send the police.

We had a false alarm and they called everyone on my list and it was a silent panic alarm

Do not confuse a panic with a silent/duress event. They are not the same, and are handled differently. A panic that is programmed as silent is a duress.

A panic will result in CS coming over 2way and calling all contacts prior to police/fire dispatch

A silent/duress will result in immediate dispatch (and they may or may not contact others, but they should not contact over 2way or premises is my understanding)

thanks riven, you have been very helpful this morning.

I have edited my post above.

Can I have a callback list for all audible alarms and a different list for panic/silent alarms?

Just confirming… Yes, you only get 1 call list per house.

Ryan,

can you confirm that for panic alarms (eg I am having a heart attack) , the dispatch station calls people on the list and for silent alarms (e.g. I am being held hostage during a home invasion) that no calls are made and police are simply dispatched?

In the event of a silent alarm does the dispatch station listen in with the 2 way communication feature through the panel

In the event of a silent alarm does the dispatch station listen in with the 2 way communication feature through the panel

Yes. That is the default configuration on the 2GIG panel for silent/duress for those systems equipped with Central Station that support 2way.

Q14(1)

Q16 also sets whether police panic on panel and keypad is audible or silent/duress. (mine is enabled for silent, so selection of fire or emergency will result in audible alarm and CS coming over 2way, whereas police will be silent duress)

can you confirm that for panic alarms (eg I am having a heart attack) , the dispatch station calls people on the list and for silent alarms (e.g. I am being held hostage during a home invasion) that no calls are made and police are simply dispatched?

Silent Panic/Duress:

1. Dispatch Occurs.
  2. Contact list is notified. (2-Way/Location not contacted.)
  3. Should a contact verify the duress or silent alarm was in error or a false alarm, CS will attempt to cancel dispatch. Depending on the Authority policy and whether units are on scene or en-route, dispatch may be successfully cancelled.

There is a duress lock code, right? Or was that with someone else?

Maybe a duress unarm code?

user 8 is duress DISARM code, and you can also set a verbal duress code by calling central station data entry

I thought any code except the proper code is “duress”?

A duress code or password will be treated like a correct code/password by the control panel and central station but the police will be dispatched anyway. If you just enter the wrong code or give the wrong verbal password you will be asked to try again which is not desirable in a hostage situation.