Honeywell Wave 2 siren learning

I’ve discovered that my home has what appears to be an audible siren on the upstairs level that is hardwired. It is Honeywell Wave 2. I don’t know how to learn this into the 2gig panel since there is no automatic learn or button to push. I assume that alarm sounds are triggered by a question setting in programming but I don’t know where.

Please help.

I don’t know how to learn this into the 2gig panel since there is no automatic learn or button to push

That’s a flush mount two tone piezo 106db 8 ohms/15 watt speaker

It doesn’t learn in. You connect the terminals 5 and 6, and resistor if needed.

Q21 needs to be configured for supervisory.

I think this diagram is telling me to hardwire to the 2gig panel…no can do that with finished walls.

After some thinking and studying the closet where my power supply box is, inside the lock box is what appears to be the original honeywell circuit board that I could use for power, however, I am not sure if that would be sufficient without any physical connection to the 2gig panel unless it can be wired to the switch?

think this diagram is telling me to hardwire to the 2gig panel….no can do that with finished walls

Then you wont be using the wave2 siren.

okay, that’s what I thought. No big deal really. I just thought if it was already here I’d see if it would work with my system.

Honestly, the siren on the panel is pretty loud anyway. And if I want a siren I guess I could get a Z Wave

It would have to be physically wired to the 2GIG panel. If you used the old panel’s 4-conductor keypad wire to power the 2GIG panel, a trick I’ve seen used is to use 2 of those conductors (red and black) to power the 2GIG panel and the other 2 (yellow and green) to connect (in the old metal box) to the wires that go to the siren. Otherwise you might consider moving the wired siren to a location that you can physically wire to control panel. Or you might want to use a wireless siren instead.

fyi

The wave2 is 500mA @ 12v which if connected to terminal 5 & 6 exceeds maximum output for 2GIG