Honeywell skybell trim plus

I’m wondering if anyone has had Alarm.com compatibility success with the HONEYWELL SKYBELL TRIM PLUS 1080p version of the slim skybell and tying into an alarm.com account. According to 2 amazon reviews it may be possible.

Our home will only support a slim model, and I’d rather proceed with the most current compatible model rather than the lower resolution alarm.com model. I also like the look of the slim bronze skybell significantly more than the ADC-VDB770. However, if there are other options out there that I’m missing I’d be open to changing directions.

For reference:

The compatible Skybell models are the HD (VDB101/102) and the Slim Line (VDB105/106) along with the new Slim Line 2 (VDB105X/106X) which adds improved wifi support.

The trim plus is not supported.

I’m not finding Slimline 2 (VDB105x/106x) referenced anywhere on the internet including Surety’s website. Is this a new model?

Seems odd that they would release a new model when the Trim Plus has better specs across the board.

Also, based on the Amazon review I linked to. Several users have had success linking to alarm.com. Since I just installed a Qolsys 2+ panel, I was looking for verification from any other forum members if the integration still works even if not specifically on the supported list.

Mklpp​:kissing_heart::sob:pppppmmkkkoll j

Its brand new and may not be widely available at this time. We do not have an ETA on if/when it will be available through Surety directly.

Also, based on the Amazon review I linked to. Several users have had success linking to alarm.com. Since I just installed a Qolsys 2+ panel, I was looking for verification from any other forum members if the integration still works even if not specifically on the supported list.

The Trim Plus doorbell camera is not supported by Alarm.com. While it may be possible to pair one with an ADC account, there is no guarantee it will work correctly at all.

Tyler, do you have a link to the specifications to the Slimline 2 (VDB105x/106x)? Is Wifi the only update?

There are a few changes:

The 105X/106X supports 5ghz wifi, uses entire viewable area for motion detection instead of the lower portion of the visible area, and it has a battery heater.

Pretty disappointing specs on the new ADC Skybell Trimline 2 vs the TrimPlus.

720p vs 1080p
1.3MP vs 3MP Sensor
Infrared vs 0.5 LUX Color Night Vision
8’ vs 15 PIR Motion Sensor

Only benefit may be that it supports 5GHz Wifi as well as 2.4 GHz

SlimLine 2 Datasheet: Alarm.com Slim Line 2 Doorbell Camera Data Sheet - Dated February 4, 2021 - Alarm Grid
Trim Plus Technical Specifications: https://skybell.com/skybell-trim-plus/

The SkyBell Slim and Slim 2 (VDB105x) are mostly identical. It appears that SkyBell was having manufacturing issues with the Slim and had to switch up their manufacturing process. In doing so, they were able to make a few improvements over the Slim but not give it a complete overhaul.

The Trim series remains incompatible with Alarm.com at this time.