Honeywell 5869 with IQ4

Looking to use a Honeywell 5869 with a IQ panel 4, it currently only has the 319.5 radio, but i am trying to use a Alula RE124HG but the panel does not seem to be picking up the sensor, the 5869 itself I have confirmed to work as it works fine with a spare vista 20p I had for testing, and I am able to program the translator itself to the panel, but when I try to enroll the sensor (I am also making sure to select the “panic” sensor type on the translator I see the green light blink on the translator indicating it is transmitting, but the IQ panel does not pick it up. The translator has been sitting around unused for a long time (it had fresh batteries and was hardwired to power) so it is entirely possible that the translator itself is defective, and I don’t have another sensor type to test with. Before I buy a RE524X (as the translator appears to be the only part that is not functioning correctly) can anyone confirm if the Qolsys panel will learn in a 5869? It is supposedly a single loop sensor so I cant imaged it would have any huge compatibility issues. Failing that is it possible to use a Honeywell daughter card along side the 319.5 card? I know it was not possible with the IQ 2, but perhaps this has changed?

I would recommend instead to use a wired latching panic button and a sensor that is compatible with your panel which has a wired input like the IQ Extended door/window to act as the transmitter. This would likely be less costly than a new translator which may not work.

I am also making sure to select the “panic” sensor type on the translator I see the green light blink on the translator indicating it is transmitting

The green led blinks on that translator to indicate it is picking up a Honeywell transmission.

The red led blinks when sending a GE transmission.

Does the red LED blink when activating the sensor? It looks like it does have a cover tamper to try. Does a tamper report?

can anyone confirm if the Qolsys panel will learn in a 5869?

I have not tried one, and that sensor is not found on the supported list for the 345Mhz model. That just means it is not confirmed through testing, but it may be that there is incompatibility.

Failing that is it possible to use a Honeywell daughter card along side the 319.5 card?

No. The panel can only have one legacy radio card.

Now that you mention it, I don’t think that the red LED is blinking, I don’t know if that is the fault of the panic switch or the translator, but I probably should just use a IQ extended. I was hoping to use what I have on hand, and the location I want to put it in would be less then ideal as I would have no way to hide the IQ extended. The translator does have a tamper switch, and the panel does detect a tamper. I also looked into panic buttons designed for the IQ panel but everything I saw looked like it was meant to be worn rather then mounted permanently, do you know of any that are designed to be mounted permanently? I know I could probably mount a power g panic button, but that wouldn’t really look the great.

I am not aware of a compatible latching model like the one you are trying to use. The available IQ panic buttons can be mounted but they are momentary buttons and can be worn/carried.

For a latching sensor I would use a wired one with a transmitter sensor.

It is possible that particular sensor is incompatible with the translator. That would be odd considering panics should be supported.

The translator does have a tamper switch, and the panel does detect a tamper.

I was referencing the panic switch cover and tamper, not the translator. Just wondered if the tamper goes through but the alarm does not.