hondwa01 sensor?

I apologize if this has already been answered, I could not find anything with a forum search…

Anybody tried a Linear “HONDWA01” door sensor with a 2GIG GC2 panel?

I bought a half-dozen sensors off Amazon, but now it’s not clear if they will work.

The listing specifically says “Linear Door or Window Sensor for 2GIG or Honeywell Wireless Alarm Systems HONDWA01” but after ordering I noticed someone had asked a question about whether they work with 2GIG, and the answers seem to conflict.

I guess I’ll open one and see if I can get it to work? The listing also says “…will work just like honeywell 5816, 5815, 5811, 5820l…” and that it’s on 345 MHz

I’m guessing these are Chinese knockoffs or something. Here’s a picture I found of the box…

Picture of sensor box from eBay

Anybody have experience with these, good or bad?

Thanks!

Did some digging on these, as we don’t have any here at HQ. These are not knock offs. These sensors were made about four years ago by Linear for Honeywell panels but do not seem to be manufactured anymore. As they are 345Mhz and seemingly identical to the 2GIG-DW10-345, they would most likely work with the 2GIG panel, although I cannot personally confirm this. I also wouldn’t recommend purchasing more of this model as they no longer manufacture it and is an older product.

It would be much appreciated if you could let us know your results with this product should you get the chance.

Awesome, thank you so much for the info.

I will try to get these working later today, and will report back with results.

Ok.

I was able to add one of these to my panel. It worked just like a 2GIG-DW10-345 that I already have. I did not test the wired loop but everything else worked as I expected: it detected open and closed, it set off a chime and announce if told to, it showed bypass when open, and opening the sensor caused the tamper switch to trigger an alert. The panel was able to learn the serial number when I was programming it.

I can’t comment on range as I tested it standing in front of the panel. But it looks like these will work.

Thanks for helping me sort this out!

Happy to assist and thank you for the update! I’m sure you’re not the only one with questions about these.