HomeSeer integration with Alarm.com

Does any of the panels compatible with Alarm.com work with the homeseer home automation software?

I have an old Simon XT but the z-wave support only allows it to act as a primary controller and there does not seem to be a way to add a secondary controller (the homeseer system) to the panel. I have only been able to replicate the simon xt panel to old ge 45601 remotes.

I was looking at the IQPanel but cannot find any information on whether this will work?

I use HomeSeer for all my z-wave devices (and integration with home multimedia). I am looking for a panel that can act as a bridge so I can do simple triggers (within Alarm.com’s software is fine) such as when the door sensor is triggered, turn on the lights through the hallway. Since the security sensors are not z-wave based I assume I have to do this through the security panel for communicating with my z-wave lights, etc - I just need a way to have my z-wave network replicated either into the security panel or a security panel that will allow secondary controllers to be added.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The 2GIG Panel is your best bet, it can only become the secondary panel, but that is desirable given Homeseer would have more robust local automation features.

I do not know for certain that it will work with Hoomeseer, but from search results it looks promising.

The link above shows the process for inclusion as a secondary controller. We used Vera. 2GIG still retains all functions through Alarm.com as far as automation for any devices which would otherwise be compatible with it.

A person in this thread says they were able to pull device info off of Qolsys, but I am not sure that it would work the other way, so all Zwave devices would need to be compatible with Qolsys first.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I want to make sure I understand secondary controllers and your comments:

If I go with the 2gig panel, can I write rules in both my homeseer system and also within empower on alarm.com (e.g,. my simple if door opens, then turn on light type of rules). All fancy scripts and scheduling will occur in the homeseer system.

Also, unfortunately I am locked into 6 more months with frontpoint (which is an alarm.com partner). Do you know if I can activate any Alarm.com compatible panel or am I restricted to the two they offer (simon xt and the iqpanel)

Thanks,
Scott

Also, unfortunately I am locked into 6 more months with frontpoint (which is an alarm.com partner). Do you know if I can activate any Alarm.com compatible panel or am I restricted to the two they offer (simon xt and the iqpanel)

If you obtain a new panel and cellular module, you can activate it with a dealer that supports the panel (e.g., SuretyCAM will provide service for all alarm.com compatible panels, even though they are Dealers only for 2GIG and Qolsys).

If you want to activate a panel with your current Frontpoint provider, then that is a question you need to ask them.

Also keep in mind the Qolsys has a non upgradeable/non replaceable cell module. To change providers you would need to have the previous provider unregister and release it, if they refuse, then you will most likely have to replace the entire panel if you move to another dealer/service provider.

Just checked and they won’t activate other panels.

In the meantime, can the non z-wave security sensors (e.g., doors, windows, motion, etc) be connected to two panels at the same time? Curious if I can use the 2gig as a hub alongside my simon xt panel until my contract expires.

Thanks

Never fielded that question :slight_smile: But yes, you can use security sensors with multiple systems at a time, they themselves are not locked to a panel in any way when programmed into one. You would need a wireless translator however, as 2GIG uses Honeywell frequency, not GE.