Home security/fire

My insurance company requires that I have professional monitoring for security and fire (for reductions in premium). I’m a little confused if I can accomplish that with Surety + ADC. My plan for my system is:

Surety
Window/door sensors
Ubiquiti Cameras
I think I’m leaning to 2GIG Wireless Smoke detectors.

My question is- will the 2gig detectors alert the Surety/qolsyst system, and thus A2D/Fire department? Am I understanding how this works ?

Thanks for the help!

Hello Yes Surety can cover your needs for Burglar and Fire smoke Detectors do you currently have a system or No??? also only way u can use 2gig sensors is if u have qolsys 345 panel but i would recommend using the powerg smokes because they have this feature if one smoke detector goes off they all go and yes If u have any the smoke detectors such as 2gig or qolsys or Powerg they will alert the Alarm System from there it will send a signal out to The monitoring Center they will reach out either over the panel by 2 way or call u to check if everything is ok if no one answers then they will distpatch the fire department or police depending on the different type of alarm that activates

Thanks Charlie. I just bought the IQ Smoke Detector after my post, but I like the feature of the PowerG for having them all go off.

I think the qolsys 345 is the same as the IQ panel sold by surety, yes? I’m not finding it on the specs page.

do u currently have a service with surety?

I just purchased service, along with the IQ panel, many sensors.

I ended up buying all IQ sensors, IQ Smoke, and PowerG motion sensors.

1 Like

The qolsys panel differ for instances 319 is the standard panel which allows for ge/iq panel and powerg the 345 panel supports 2gig/honeywell sensors/powerg and then there a 344 version and it supports dsc and powerg

ok well u got the basic iq panel 2 plus 319 so ur good there u will love the iq panel i have it both at my parents home and my grandmothers

Ah ok I see now. Thanks for clarifying. Since I have only just ordered, and could cancel, is there generally a preference? Powerg seems to be what I’ll likely go with for most things, and could live or not with IQ. I see that I might be limited with my current model if I add garage, for example. Plan to put this in two other houses, so am trying to make the right choice. Thanks again

the panel u got will work great and i would just add powerg smokes as u go they have long rang and between the qolsys sensors and powerg very secured system

Since I have only just ordered, and could cancel, is there generally a preference? Powerg seems to be what I’ll likely go with for most things, and could live or not with IQ. I see that I might be limited with my current model if I add garage, for example.

Looks like you got answers to much of the question already here. Just to clarify, what are you referencing with the garage example? Are you looking for a sensor for the overhead garage door?

FYI since you mentioned insurance, once you have your system set up and activated you can download an insurance certificate from the subscriptions page in your account area at any time to provide your insurance company.

I’d be in agreement with the other poster here, if you are buying all new devices, the standard 319.5Mhz model of IQ Panel 2+ is the way to go. It is the lowest price of the IQ Panel 2+ models. The 345 and 433 are more expensive. You can mix and match PowerG along with the IQ sensors. IQ sensors are 319.5.