Help selecting IQ2+ Panel version and planning system

Hello!

First post. I have been researching security companies and have decided that I am going to be going with Surety for monitoring with the IQ Panel 2+ that I am planning on purchasing.

Are there any dealer spec sheets that show sensor compatibility with the different legacy radio versions of the IQ 2+ panel? I am planning on using mostly Power G sensors, but it would be helpful to see if one legacy version would give me more sensor options over the others.

ATT and Verizon both have pretty comparable cell signal at my house.

The system is being installed in a 2500ish square foot cape with a large front porch. Multiple points of potential intrusion depending on what part of the house. Walk out basement with on grade entry door and windows too. Pick a door or window, any door or window, lol!

Here is the anticipated specs for my system.

Initial Purchase and Install needs:
5 exterior doors.
1 standard residential overhead garage door with a Craftsman opener
10 exterior windows that are an intrusion risk due to being on level/grade.
Smoke and heat detectors for three floors. (the house already has hard wired one go all go smoke detectors required by the town).
1 CO detector for the basement where the natural gas furnace reside.
Some mix of motion detectors and glass breaks.

Later I want to work in more home automation, but I don’t want to freak my dear Wife out with a massive buy list out the gate!

Also is there any suggested reading to help me best evaluate idea quantity and placement for glass breaks and motion sensors?

Thanks in advance, really looking forward to being a customer and adding more security for our home!

Welcome to Surety Home I would recommend Qolsys 319 panel as well I would recommend using powerg and qolsys together I would recommend https://qolsys.com/iq-shock-s/ this device for ur windows it’s a shock sensor which will help with protecting the glass from being broken and having to buy glass detectors I would also recommend adding outdoor powerg sirens as well indoor powerg sirens these r all wireless

1 Like

Are there any dealer spec sheets that show sensor compatibility with the different legacy radio versions of the IQ 2+ panel?

Yes, we have a list here:

If starting from scratch I would recommend the 319.5 version. This provides access to two encrypted sensor lines which can be used simultaneously: PowerG and S-Line.

Also is there any suggested reading to help me best evaluate idea quantity and placement for glass breaks and motion sensors?

Placement for these devices will be based on the model’s specifications. Follow the range and mounting guidelines set by the manufacturer to ensure best performance. Check out the manuals for the models you are looking at or if you have any questions we can help recommend some.

Mounting many motion detectors too high or low can cause excessive false alarms or limit range significantly.

There are definitely some general tips to best avoid false alarms with these devices. We have some general troubleshooting help threads like this one for motion detectors.

Glassbreak detectors are not directional usually but still require line of sight, which some people don’t expect when installing, as intervening walls or some other material can dampen the sound it is listening for.

1 Like