Help me understand 3 way z-wave wall switch

Perhaps I am mistaken…

This is my 3way zwave (GE).

My traveler (on my zwave remote transmitter box 1) does not carry the 120vac line voltage to box 2.

The box 2 common and load is wire nutted together.

If these two switches were part of a standard mechanical 3 way previously and used to power standard lighting, 120 would have to be passed from one box to the other in some way, as line power would come into one, and the load wire (energizing the lights) would be in the other.

Is your load low voltage? What switch models are you using?

if these two switches were part of a standard mechanical 3 way previously and used to power standard lighting, 120 would have to be passed from one box to the other in some way

The 3way was a standard mechanical 3way prior to installation of the zwave switches.

Is your load low voltage? What switch models are you using

GE zwave 3-Way Wiring Schematic using 45609 and 45610

The 45610 requires the following 3 wiring connections: a. The Traveler wire. This is used to send voltage signals to the primary Z-Wave switch. The signals tell the Z-wave switch what action to perform. b. Ground. c. Neutral. 2. DO NOT connect the 45610 auxiliary switch to the home’s black Hot (Line) wire.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwiY5-26g6zJAhXJRyYKHQoGDsIQFghGMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lowes.com%2Fcampaign%2Firis%2Fpdf%2F45637_45638.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHSFBFx3C4vISAs4g5JtkpiT7NOdA&sig2=sJjRGmDwasw57WlE7GW5Ww

Ah, ok. So in this circumstance you would be passing line power to the second switch (the main Zwave switch) using one of the travelers without connecting the first. The first one, (the aux) is not even powered.

From the manual:

“The 45610 auxiliary switch is not Z-Wave enabled
and must be used exclusively with one of the Z-Wave
devices listed above. It is not designed for standalone
use to control an electrical load. It does not
have Z-Wave functionality and does not act as a
repeater in your Z-Wave control network.”

That makes sense now how you describe the wiring. It isn’t a Zwave device. The ones I am referring to are learned into your network as slave repeaters and associated with the main switch wirelessly. My bad, I didn’t realize the GE 45610 worked this way. I wonder if GE has a wireless Zwave aux switch.