Help me tune my Alarm system cameras and configuration

I have had the GC3 system with most recent firmwares installed until the October version. My cameras are a doorbell camera ( Skybell round version), driveway, backyard and front yard (Alarm.com V721w Outdoor Wireless IP Ir Nightvision Bullet Camera) with a mesh WiFi system installed.

1.The cameras tend to lose connections and I miss recording on instances when needed.

1. The doorbell is late on notification when it is pushed and delayed up to over a minutes in getting the alerts to my phone (Verizon for all in the house). The doorbell sound alert will sound but the person may be gone many times when I get the alert.

2. Doorbell doesnt capture the person while walking up the sidewalk but only while near or in front of doorbell camera.

3. When selected to record Video Motion Detection (VMD) Settings it doesnt seem to detect the motion as desired. It either records too much as uses most of my alloted video uploads or fails to record at all. In this situation I want o record movement in the backyard but not other reas such as the Sun glaring and then going behind the cluds or movement from the trees next door.

I want these to capture live video as the event occur or else the cameras are of no use in my situation. Hopefully someone can help me sort out my issues so that I can rely on the system and get the results expected of the system.

Thanks in advance.

1.The cameras tend to lose connections and I miss recording on instances when needed.
  1. The doorbell is late on notification when it is pushed and delayed up to over a minutes in getting the alerts to my phone (Verizon for all in the house). The doorbell sound alert will sound but the person may be gone many times when I get the alert.

2. Doorbell doesnt capture the person while walking up the sidewalk but only while near or in front of doorbell camera.

For the doorbell camera, looking at the status of the device it shows very poor wireless link quality, much lower than recommended, which would definitely have an effect.

Having a closer router or access point is ideal. If repositioning the router or access point is not an option, try lowering the video settings for the Doorbell cam to see if that improves overall performance.

Regarding motion detection, beta firmware is available which addresses motion detection bugs currently. If you would like to try the beta firmware version we can request ADC apply it in your case.

When selected to record Video Motion Detection (VMD) Settings it doesnt seem to detect the motion as desired. It either records too much as uses most of my alloted video uploads or fails to record at all. In this situation I want o record movement in the backyard but not other reas such as the Sun glaring and then going behind the cluds or movement from the trees next door.

Overall outdoor cameras will be subject to more false triggers than indoor cameras. Environmental effects, lighting changes, bugs, etc., can all have an impact.

That said, it is important to make sure you’ve set up motion capture windows properly.

Motion Detection windows are set up under Video - Settings - Video Motion Detection. When creating motion detection windows it is extremely important to think of them as tripwires rather than wide areas of coverage.

A window should be made long and narrow and be used to capture movement going through that space. Making long narrow tripwires allows you to set target size to a higher percentage and adjust sensitivity to better filter nuisance triggers.

While large, abrupt, sweeping changes like headlights may still cause triggers when flashing across the capture area, movement from wind, rain, animals, etc., can often be better filtered. See the video below:

1. I will mmove a router close r to adjust for the wifi near the doorbell today.

2. Yes, please add my device to the firmware BETA testing for the additional input.

3. I will review the video and adjust the cameras after watching the video. I have adjsted them previously but maybe I need to adjust further.

Commands have been sent to update the firmware on the SkyBell to the beta firmware. When able, please test functionality on motion detection.

1. I have moved the router to a closer location for the doorbell.

2. The motion detection appears to be a little better but misses some events. I will change my current settings now and report on those issues later this week after I have had time to monitor it.