Heat detectors

I am out of town and my heat detectors first run out of battery then one triggered a fire alarm, I need them to be disabled so this doesn’t happen again. Thanks.

Happy to help.

You can place the individual zones on test mode until you are able to replace the batteries. Contact central station operators directly at 855-348-0367. This way, any alarm events triggered by those zones will not be acted upon while on test.

It appears that two separate smoke detectors are being affected by low battery warnings.

Later, when replacing the batteries, you will need to leave the old batteries out for a couple minutes before replacing them with new ones. This will help clear the low battery alert.

I am unable to call 800 numbers from out of the country.

That’s not a problem, I can get that taken care of for you. Would you like me to place both of the SMKT3 smoke/heat/freeze detectors that show low battery and malfunctions on test mode with the central station?

This means that alarms from those two detectors would not be acted upon by operators for the duration of the test.

Would you like me to do that now? And how long should the test mode be?

I called the central station and they were only able to set test mode for 24 hours. If it can be set for one week that would be great.

Of course! Those zones are on test mode through 1/6/2020

Hello, I’m back home now, so I can work on fixing these fire detectors.

1. Is there a process to replacing the batteries (I tried with one already, it’s hard to get them out and I triggered the alarm like 3 times)?
  2. How can avoid this from happening again (Them running out of battery and triggering an alarm)?

Only thing I can think of is power down the system while replacing the battery’s

So I replaced the batteries on both of them, and these are the results:

1. It beeps once and shows a yellow light often.
  2. It cycles through Green, Yellow and Red. Eventually it sounded a siren and I removed the batteries.

Both are supposed to be replaced until 2026. Do they no longer work?

There are some diagnostics built into the SMKT3 which is reflected in the LED flashing. How many seconds are between the LED flashes when the detectors are powered up?

What they generally mean if a non-battery issue is present:

General Trouble: When the alarm has a general fault, the yellow LED blinks once every four seconds and there is a chirp every 48 seconds. After 4 hours the 2GIG Control Panel displays a loss of supervision message.

Detector Dirty: When the alarm has been contaminated, the yellow LED blinks once every 8 seconds and there is a chirp every 48 seconds. After 4 hours the 2GIG Control Panel displays a loss of supervision message.

Thanks for the help, I ended up replacing them for SMKT8-345 units since they were faulty.